Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Medical Slang Not Allowed Here!
10/7/2006 7:44:38 PM
As I said in an earlier post, I've been having fun browsing the forums at IB and have stumbled across some great chuckles! -------------------------------------------------------------------- TO: Medical Personnel FROM: Human Resource It has come to our attention from several emergency rooms that many EMS narratives have taken a decidedly creative direction lately. Effective immediately, all members are to refrain from using slang and abbreviations to describe patients, such as the following. Cardiac patients should not be referred to with MUH (messed up heart), PBS (pretty bad shape), PCL (pre-code looking) or HIBGIA (had it before, got it again). Stroke patients are NOT "Charlie Carrots." Nor are rescuers to use CCFCCP (Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs) to describe their mental state. Trauma patients are not FDGB (fall down, go boom), TBC (total body crunch) or "hamburger helper". Similarly, descriptions of a car crash do not have to include phrases like "negative vehicle to vehicle interface" or "terminal deceleration syndrome." HAZMAT teams are highly trained professionals, not "glow worms." Persons with altered mental states as a result of drug use are not considered "pharmaceutically gifted." Gunshot wounds to the head are not "trans-occipital implants." The homeless are not "urban outdoorsmen", nor is endotracheal intubation referred to as a "PVC Challenge". And finally, do not refer to recently deceased persons as being "paws up," ART (assuming room temperature), CC (Cancel Christmas), CTD (circling the drain), or NLPR (no long playing records). I know you will all join me in respecting the cultural diversity of our patients to include their medical orientations in creating proper, narratives and log entries. Sincerely, Directory of Human Resource ----------------------------------------------------------------------- God bless, Dave Join InstantBuzz today and get your message to the masses for free!
+0
Mike Eldred

237 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Medical Slang Not Allowed Here!
10/7/2006 7:57:07 PM
Dave ,, Thanks for the laugh..   Glow Worms...  i used to hual some glow worm material... lol
The total time working out ways your time with family.
+0
Leslie Combs

890 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/7/2006 8:01:46 PM

Dave

Thanks for the chuckle. Having worked in the medical field for a long

time I can tell you that most of us have very very warped senses of humor.

Keep the laughs coming.

Turn your dreams into reality

Leslie

Turn Your Dreams Into Reality Leslie Combs community.adlandpro.com/go/ladyliberty51/welcome.aspx, http://www.ezinfocenter.com/7338490/Free http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/78305 http://www.pluginprofitsite.com/main-5734
+0
10/7/2006 8:32:27 PM
Hi Dave :) LOL!! thanks for the laugh!! Hope your weekend is great!!
+0
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/7/2006 8:39:49 PM

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

thanks Rainbow for the smile pic and I have borrowed it for my friend dave as he makes me smile too.

Have an awesome weekend Dave and everyone

regards

jeffrey OBrien

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!