Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Did you Know?
10/2/2006 7:52:28 PM
Beauty

My Grandmother was wrinkled
Swollen knuckles from arthritis
Ostioarthritis had her shoulders slumped
She sometimes from the pain walked slowly.

She was the most beautiful woman I knew.
"Oh there is little Boby Binkle"
She said when I was 5 walking in the door.
I never fogot her voice.

She made the most wonderful flowers
Spread all across her yard
Rare orchids, ferns and tulips
The aroma and beauty of heaven to visit.

She broke out the Current Preserves
When I came to visit
She didn't do this for just anyone just because.
She knew I could see her for who she was.

Gentle, graceful and kind
Her face, though old radiated beauty of the spheres
And her presence gave me a feeling of joy
She was indeed the most beautiful woman I Knew.

So you who are lamenting your beauty fading
as a flower withering from age in the sun
Remember your beauty has just begun.

Robert
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Did you Know?
10/2/2006 8:06:14 PM

Hi Robert,

That was beautiful, just what I needed.

Thank you.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2006 8:10:21 PM

I agree, Robert.  Beautiful and so refreshing!  And, it was just what I needed.

Thanks.

Judy

+0
10/2/2006 11:42:19 PM

Thanks, Robert.  Being a man, I will restrict my comments to beauty in women.

Pre-teen years, teen years, twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties: This is one way to categorize the different ages of beauty.  This, of course, is too superficial.  No one suddenly changes when she passes from 29 to 30.  Some women (and some men) dread 40.  [My father told me one time that he dreaded when he turned 70.  My mother died when she was 99.  I told her sometime that year what my father had said.  She indicated that she never knew that he felt that way.]

Dear ladies, think of your life as a pathway without any signs marking off the 20s, 30s, etc.  When I speak of distance along this path, I am indicating time without mentioning ages.  Some women travel down this path with little apparent physical change from late teens into early forties.  Other women travel the same distance, but show more physical changes.

Some women have worn eye glasses almost all of their life (whatever the actual age is).  Others fight glasses because they equate wearing glasses with getting older.  Finally, they can't stretch their arms any farther when reading, so they surrender to glasses.

Then, there are women, years past 16, who still select clothing and makeup as if they will hold onto the teen years come hell, highwater, and birthdays.  This actually calls attention to their older age.

Remember, ladies, each of you has a birthday every year.  Your life is a pathway, not an artificial series of decades.  There is a special beauty in women at all ages.  Hold each time in your life lightly.  Each age phase/period/distance/whatever, has its own special beauty.  There is a special beauty of youth.  There is a special beauty that comes with experience, maturity, or whatever you want to call it.  I use maturity here not for age.  Some youthful women develop a maturity while young.  Other women are older when they reach similar maturity.

For a moment, let's consider women who have some years behind them.  And who have been married to the same man for a number of years.  If he is a good husband, and you are a good wife, how much does physical appearance of age mean to each of you?  You are growing older together.  Each of you probably has not noticed the physical signs of getting older in the other person.  The  beauty he sees in you goes much deeper than crowsfeet and a few extra pounds.  You have made many memories together. Each of you may be surprised when you pull out photos of both of you made years ago.

We have heard the saying, act your age.  I also would suggest that you be your age and enjoy it.

My best wishes to the beautiful women at Adland (and that is all of you).

Lawton

P.S. I apologize for such a long post.

+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2006 11:42:37 PM
hello Robert...thank you...very nice..Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!