Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Steve Richards

10 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
A new challenge for Christians and Muslems
9/27/2006 2:00:20 AM
For some years I have had an Internet friend in Australia who I really respect. So straight away you see I'm not selling anything. Father Dave is know as the Fighting Father because not only does he preach but he teaches boxing and even fights, not just boxing but kick boxing as well. Many of you here at AdLand proudly advertise your Christian faith and beliefs, so here's my first Challenge to You..... Dave has put up a new webpage at http://www.fatherdave.org/friends/ Why not have a look and in particular listen to the interview, then come back here and start a discussion. Now I'm sure that I will have upset some of you already, so turn the other cheek and get writing! Steve
Steve Richards http://www.e-readit.com The Testing Geek -------------------------
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A new challenge for Christians and Muslems
9/27/2006 2:58:53 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the invite to the Forum.

Starting off with one sure to be controversal, is one way to go.  It will definitely spark comments and hopefully start prople to thinking.

I checked out the site and found it quite interesting, until I reached the video about US "Propaganda" distorting the "Truth" about the Israeli-Palestinian struggles.  Needless to say, I didn't read any further.  If I need to know the truth about the struggle, why it will always be with us, I simply read about Abraham in my Old Testament. 

Let me say first that I have three very close Friends who are Muslims, my family and theirs share great meals together and have had many good times, even since, or perhaps more since, 911.

Secondly, I need to say that I've lost three other close Friends since 911.  One was a stewardess on Flight 93, and the other two were soldiers, fighting for our Freedom overseas.

I miss my three Friends, however, I know that they had accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, and I know that they are now safe in our Father's Arms.  I pray everynight that my Muslim Friends will also accept Jesus into their hearts and minds and will also find peace when their time here on Earth has come to an end.

Whether my time is at hand in the next moment, or if my Father blesses me with 50 more years, I know where I will spend Eternity.  I pray that all of my Friends will be there with me.

Thanks For Listening.

Your Friend,

Phil Black

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Steve Richards

10 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: A new challenge for Christians and Muslems
9/27/2006 3:53:11 PM

Hi Phil,

An interesting and informed reply.

I wonder why you stopped at "until I reached the video about US "Propaganda" distorting the "Truth" about the Israeli-Palestinian struggles"?

For 18 years I served in the armed forces here in the UK, 3 years of that service was in Northern Ireland during very troubled times.

During that period, there was a lot of press about the fund raising going on in the USA for the IRA. To those of us serving to protect and keep the peace it seemed crazy that Americans with whom the United Kingdom has such close ties would fund terrorists. The thing is that those that funded the IRA often didn't believe that they were funding terrorists because of very insular news reporting in the USA.

For many of us outside the USA who see and listen to both sides of the story, it is difficult to understand why Americans who value truth and liberty can support Israel in this conflict when the majority of the western world seems horrified at the reports by the BBC news teams of the suffering of the Palestinian people.

The BBC showing both sides of the conflict without predjudice uncovered many of the facts that are highlighted on Daves webpage.

Of course you are entitled to your opinions, I am saddened by your loss, but how would it benefit a religious figure like Father Dave to report in a partizan way? I have known Dave for a couple of years and he has only ever reported both sides of the story and added his personal views as we all do.

Those who go to war over religion always believe that God is on their side and that they are right, therefore with Gods help they will win. What God would ever want a war or support one?

Extremists have no place in the world of politics, religion or society. But without looking for the truth from both sides of the argument, the real truth can never come to light.

Again I am sorry for your loss. I am please that you have openly examined the opinions of people outside your country rather than taking an insural view and I am pleased that you took time to post here.

Blessings to you Phil.

Keep posting my friend.

Steve

Steve Richards http://www.e-readit.com The Testing Geek -------------------------
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!