Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Russ Wilson

33 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Do you order ink cartridges on line? You might want to avoid this company, and why.
9/12/2006 6:04:20 PM

Normally I don't bad rap any company because of a bad experience with them, but in this instance, I felt a heads up might be in order.

On August 5, 2006 I placed an order for two ink cartridges with eZinkjets.com.

After waiting three weeks without receiving my order, I went to their site and used their instant chat service.  I was told by the attendent that she didn't have access to customer records, but was just there to assist people in navigating their site.

I then called their customer care center, and spoke to a male attendent there.  I gave him my order number and asked when my order had been shipped.  It hadn't been...  He then went on to explain that they had quality control problems so they didn't ship my order.

Now, I don't know how you do business, but if I sell a hard good to a customer, and have a problem I will notify the customer and let them know about the problem and find out how they wish me to proceed.

Most companies bend over backward to over deliver.  Not eZinkjets.com.

When I asked when I could expect shipment, he had no answer.  So I told him I wanted a refund.  At that point, he hung up...

Today, 38 days after my initial order, I called again and talked with the sales manager.  My refund may arrive in the next 7 days.  No apology, no trying to make the situation right, no customer satisfaction period...

I told the sales manager that I felt their service was deplorable, and that I would certainly spread the word to all my contacts.  Her answer "ok"

So now you know the sordid tale and can make your own decision regarding doing business with this company, I know I certainly will never buy from them again.

Russ Wilson/Webintel 

PLACE Your Website Banner At The Very Top OF Our Full Network Of 35 Servers which have more than 23 Million Fresh and Unique Visitors daily. http://www.radsponder.com/cgi-bin/t.cgi?k=webintel:136
+0
Re: Do you order ink cartridges on line? You might want to avoid this company, and why.
9/29/2006 8:27:08 AM
Wow, that sucks, Russ!
The sales manager had that kind of attitude?  Amazing.

Did you ever get your order?

You might be interested in reading this:
(afterwards, know that there is a solution at the PROTECT ME link here & below)

ID Thieves Turn Sights on Smaller E-Businesses

For Online Shoppers, Security Seals No Guarantee That Hackers Aren't Watching

By Brian Krebswashingtonpost.com Staff Writer
Thursday, September 28, 2006; 7:38 AM

Schuyler Cole needed an accessory for his Palm Treo 600 smartphone, so the Haleiwa, Hawaii, resident fired up his Web browser last month and ran a Google search.

After scanning the search results, he purchased the inexpensive item -- a USB cable used to synchronize the Treo's settings with his personal computer -- from Cellhut.com, the first online store displayed in the results that looked like it carried the cable. The site featured a "Hackersafe" logo indicating that the site's security had been verified within the past 24 hours.

Later that day, information from Cole's purchase --- including his name, address, credit card and phone numbers, and the date and exact time of the transaction --- were posted into an online forum that caters to criminals engaged in credit card and identity theft. Ostensibly, the data on Cole was posted as an enticement to other fraudsters lurking on the forum who might be interested in buying large numbers of similar records.

Other personal data posted into the fraud forum included the personal and financial information for Shane Galloway, an 18-year-old freshman at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. When contacted by washingtonpost.com, Galloway said he purchased a wireless phone from Cellhut.com shortly after midnight on Sept. 6, just minutes after the time stamp on Cole's purchase.

Another individual whose data was found in the online chat channel --- a southern California resident who asked that his name not be used --- confirmed that he bought wireless accessories from Cellhut.com at 9:15 a.m. on Sept. 7, the exact time listed in the entry that was posted into the online forum along with his credit card data and other personal information. Later, he discovered that $6,000 in fraudulent charges were made using his credit card.

While public attention has remain fixed on a series of high-profile data losses or database breaches at federal government agencies, large corporations and universities, experts who study financial fraud say hackers increasingly are targeting small, commercial Web sites. In some cases, criminals are able to gain real-time access to the sites' transaction information, allowing them to steal valid credit card numbers and quickly charge large numbers of fraudulent purchases.

Small e-businesses offer fewer total victims, but they often present a softer target, either due to flaws in the software merchants use to process online orders or an over reliance on outsourced Web site security.

Cole's and Galloway's information was recorded being traded in an online chat room by Dan Clements, co-founder of CardCops.com, a fraud prevention service that monitors underground chat rooms where criminals trade in stolen credit cards and information used to commit identity theft. Clements said many smaller online merchants use generic shopping cart software that they fail to maintain with the latest software security patches.

"Most of these merchants that get hacked do not have updated versions of the software that runs their business, they're just trying to sell widgets," he said.

Nearly 80 percent of all software vulnerabilities discovered in the first six months of 2006 involved Web-based applications produced by hundreds of different software vendors, according to a report released Monday by Cupertino, Calif.-based security vendor Symantec Corp.

"The people writing these applications often don't know very much about Web-based vulnerabilities," said Alfred Huger, a senior director at Symantec Security Response. "Many of these Web vulnerabilities are not that difficult to discover and are very easy to exploit."

Russ, I'm not saying that the company you dealt with is doing this, but I am concerned, and you should be as well, as to what has happened to your info from an order you didn't receive - and even if you did receive it.

So...

PROTECT ME

+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Do you order ink cartridges on line? You might want to avoid this company, and why.
9/29/2006 2:06:42 PM
hello Russ...it is sad to find out this type of internet businesses...make it hard on the ones that actually have a good product and delivered on time....Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!