Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
JJ
JJ Pickels

79 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Submission to God's Authority
9/10/2006 3:48:00 PM

Submission: to commit to the descretion or decision of another or of others .

don't know about you, but, although I was raised by "strict disciplinarians" , my parents, I have a problem with submitting to authority. I loved my parents and still do, and feel they did a very good job in raising me. Shoot, I even spent time in the Marines of all places... Because I desired the structure that was lost when my mother passed.

However, I was extremely rebellious from 14 on. I wasn't as bad as some, but still rebellious. Have you ever read  Ezekiel 2 about Ezekiel's Call when God called Ezekiel to speak to Israel. ... I am sending you to the Israelites, a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me; they and their fathers have been in revolt against me to this very day. The people to whom I am sending you are obstinate and stubborn. Say to them, This is what the Sovereign Lord says' And whether they listen or fail to listen -- for the are a rebellious house -- they will know that a prophet has been among them. Ezekiel 2:3-5 NIV

Go ahead read chapters 2, 3, the Lord talks to Ezekiel about how rebellious Israel is. He is NOT happy with them at all. Israel (jewish people) are God's chosen, we (Gentiles) have been grafted in as part of the vine. Adopted, so to speak. Rebellion against God is sin. Yes, that means if as part ot fthe commandments we are to obey our parents, (choke), then if rebellion is a sin. I believe most of us has been rebellious in one form or another at some point in our lives.

I have had to ask God's forgiveness for the rebellious attitude and actions I have had in my past. Part of submitting to God's Authority is asking for his forgiveness for sins we have committed in our past.

Part of getting to know God is submitting to His Authority in all areas of our life. Are you ready to do that?  I know I wasn't and it took falling on my knees in prayer asking for his forgiveness, crying, to move on in my walk with Christ.

Have to continue this later, and I do have more to add, with scripture references. So, take care, and I hope you're having a Blessed Sunday afternoon! I know I am.

With Christ's Love, Jackie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J J Pickels http://community.adlandpro.com/go/joypix/myWebPage.aspx Important to Your Health & Well-being! http://tinyurl.com/27hjzh Are You an Infoprenuer? http://tinyurl.com/38bffs Go Now!!!
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Submission to God's Authority
9/13/2006 12:13:59 PM
Thanks Jackie for the invitation. To answer your question YES I do indeed know our great God. He is all powerful in many many ways.
Good Luck to you
Kathy C
+0
Bogdan Wrzesinski

269 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Submission to God's Authority
12/25/2006 3:57:44 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:6-7
charub Left and his name shall be called Wonderful , Counsellor, The Mighty God,
charub Left The Everlasting FatherThe Prince of Peace. charub Left Isaiah 9:6
noteJOY TO THE WORLD... THE LORD HAS COME charub Leftcharub Left
charub Leftis to come, the Almightycharub Left

I Thank God for Jesus,... May God Bless You Richly.
Bogdan
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!