Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
JJ
JJ Pickels

79 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Do You Know God?
9/7/2006 10:51:37 PM
Even if you know of God, or know about God. But, do you know Him? There is a difference. That seems to be my mission right now, is seeking to know God more intimately, more passionately, more reverently. Maybe you'd like to join me in my quest to know God? The invitation is open to anyone and everyone who would like to know God, as I explore the traits of his character which from what I understand is listed in Galatians 5:22-25 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Quite a list, huh? Is it a mountain too tough to climb? I don't think so, for we are to strive to become like Jesus. Don't you think God knew how difficult the task would be before he gave the instructions? I believe He knew exactly how tough it would be, that's where depending on God comes in; we're not supposed to rely on our own human abilities to arrive at this level. Notice in the verses above it says "...have crucified the sinful nature..." That I believe we are to do on a daily basis. Let me know your comments and insights regarding "Knowing God" I'd like to hear from you. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jackie Pickels PrayerWarriorsUnite.com http://community.adlandpro.com/go/joypix/myWebPage.aspx
J J Pickels http://community.adlandpro.com/go/joypix/myWebPage.aspx Important to Your Health & Well-being! http://tinyurl.com/27hjzh Are You an Infoprenuer? http://tinyurl.com/38bffs Go Now!!!
+0
Re: Do You Know God?
9/7/2006 11:15:49 PM

My God died for me.  In 1959, I believed that the Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins.  I was 29 years old at that time.  Anyone interested in more of the story, especially in events leading up to that, can find it at the following URL:

www.myspiritualjourney.info       (Note that this is dot info, NOT dot com)

Lawton

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/7/2006 11:23:24 PM
Hi Jackie, thanks for the invite here, this is a great topic of importance for anyone. Knowing about God and knowing him personally is quite different. God wants us to draw near to him, thats why he sent his only son Jesus, that thru him we might be reconciled, and come into fellowshim with Him. How AWESOME A GOD IS HE !!!!Studying the character of JESUS will help us understand the character that God wants us to have. ONe must also remember that we cannot be perfect, there is only ONE that is perfect and that is JESUS, we are not saved because of how perfect we are, we are saved because of what the PERFECT ONE, JESUS, DID FOR US !! However, as we live this life on earth we have to reflect what we believe, and that calls for character, with the help of God, thru our Faith in his son Jesus, we can do that. Still remembering that we are saved only thru HIS GRACE !!! Stay blessed everyone, and draw near to God more each day as HE loves you, and so do I !! Gracefully yours Pauline R India
+0
Helen Smith

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/7/2006 11:52:08 PM

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for the invitation! 

I know God thru prayer! The intimacy, the passion, the reverence comes thru prayer!  I commune, thru prayer! 

The joy and peace I have is a gift from God, and the world can't take it away!  We crucify our sinful nature on a daily basis. 

I strive to get closer to him, and let his light shine thru me daily.  There is a old song that goes " I want to walk and talk with Jesus each and every day.  I want my life to be an example for him in every way, I want him to shower me with his blessings from up above and rock and rock me and rock me in the cradle of his love"! 

Continue on your mission Jackie, From your gentle nature I think you are already there!

Helen Smith

+0
Linda Welk

90 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/8/2006 1:01:41 AM

Hello Jackie,

I am a bit taken back from the timing of your invitation...allow me to explain.

I am 44 years young and for quite a while now (probably years) I have had this longingness to know more about God and what it all means.  I just never acted on it.  I was not brought up in a "religious" home, as we did not regularly attend church.  However, we did seem to automatically believe in God.  What did that mean to me growing up, I really do not know.  My father was raised in the Catholic Church, as my husband.  For their own reasons they did not pursue the church life.

During this past year, my desire to find a church and get to know more about God has been forefront in my mind....still putting off the work involved to get some answers.  Until yesterday, September 6, 2006.  Here is where I will explain my initial comment.

I made an appointment to speak with a Pastor at a local church.  I wanted to simply visit, listen to what he would say about his church and then perhaps visit another church another day.  Keep in mind, I have not attended church in over 20+ years, Love God of course (what I knew of him) but still had not attended for that long.  The Pastor that I had set the appointment with yesterday was not able to be at our appointment as he had something come up that called him to another city.  Well, this I felt could be my opportunity to go home, as this appointment was not meant to be.  But, not so quickly I would leave as the Secretary said, BUT Pastor Steve will be very happy to visit wtih you.   So, I'm here...I waited.

Pastor Steve came out to greet me, as I expected he would, with a pleasured smile on his face.  We sat in his office and he began to ask me a few general  questions.  He believed I was there to learn a bit more about their church and thought he could answer a few questions for me.  Little did he know that my main reason, initially, for wanting to meet with the other Pastor was he came highly recommended for counseling.  I wanted to visit with him about my life, marriage, happiness, sadness, raising children, having no time, raising my child properly, having a happy marriage AND ALL THE ABOVE.  But as I sat there listening and sharing a bit with Pastor Steve I could not say what I THOUGHT I was there to say.  I could not say that I  was there to try and resolve my own "human problems".  What I was drawn to talk about was nothing about my "family" life it was all about MY LIFE and MY LIFE without knowing God.  The conversation was going solely to my relationship or lack of relationship with God and where I was with it all at this time in my life. I had no idea what would be coming next. 

Pastor Steve asked me a very tough question.  You will probably think this is not a tough question, but for the spiritually challenged, it was tough...until.

Pastor Steve asked me this..."If you were to die, God forbid, and you found yourself standing in front of God and he was to ask you Why should I allow you into Heaven?"  How would you reply?   WOW, I started to speak....but could not find the right words to articulate what I thought I wanted to say.  I babbled out a comment like ....Well - I believe I am a good person...I do my best to not hurt anyone - BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.   I could not answer the question in any way that made sense.  Pastor Steve proceeded to share with me SO MUCH that I was really getting it....I WAS GETTING IT. 

All of this time...all of these years I have been doing it all alone.  He proceeded to give me a couple of examples that you probably have heard, so I won't go into it, but what he was sayd really made sense.  I CANNOT DO IT ALONE.  I am not perfect and never will be, but I will live my life as an example to be the best I can be...There is absolutely NOTHING I CAN DO to do it perfectly, but I can ask God for help.  God is there for me, always has been and always will be.  I just was not letting him in.

YESTERDAY, at the age of 44, on September 6, 2006 I learned the answer to the question. IFor the first time IN MY LIFLE...I prayed with Pastor Steve for God to forgive my sins and to lead my life in the direction it is mean to go.  If God were to ask me why I should be allowed to join him in Heaven - I KNOW the answer!!!  I have accepted Jesus as my Saviour and have turned my life over to God as I need him and cannot live the life I want to live without him.  I am beginning my lessons with Pastor Steve and I know with the help of God I will live the life I am meant to live.  I will help my 4 year old son live the ilfe he is meant to live. Cody will be attending church with me and learn early to put his trust in God.  As Pastor Steve said to me, we are all a work in progress and it will take time, perhaps a long time.  But I know now - my life has a new driver!

THANK YOU WITH ALL OF MY HEAR JACKIE for presenting this very special Forum TODAY.  For me, the timing of this posts and the words all of you have written in response is a HUGE sign to me that I have found Him.  God, take the wheel!

Your grateful friend,

Linda Welk

P.S.  I apologize for the length of my post - I just couldn't stop writing until I got it all out.

Linda Welk **STAYIN HOME and LOVIN IT - Enhancing Lives Every Day. You could be too! http://www.ourhealthyhomebiz.com Also Visit my Shopping Site: http://www.shoppingandevents.com http://www.yourvaprofessional.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!