Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Marie Gervacio

77 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
This may be harsh but...
9/1/2006 11:46:29 AM

Here I post the beginning of another article (the full article can be found at articleblender.com) I will post each other step separately here for comment though.

Today there are a lot of great opportunities to make money on and offline. Multiple streams of income are easier now more than ever.  But if someone is new to all this it can be quite overwhelming. Reputable, professional companies offer either free or low-cost training and supplies for their representatives but still many flounder. Here is a look into some possible causes and hopefully more new business owners will find solutions that can be acted on for a better chance at success.

Just Say No to Sign and Wait – 10 Steps to a Fast Action Start

So you just signed up for a new, exciting opportunity… wait did you realize?

The majority of Americans are taught to follow the leader, follow instructions, and do a good job.  There has been a trend for some years now to begin a home business. The lure of this trend is more time with family, less travel time, less fuel expense and more.

Unfortunately many quit their new business before they really begin. The lure of a dream life is not enough to keep them on the path to success. Many of the networking companies that they join are reputable, viable businesses with excellent compensation plans and training. So why is there so much attrition?

Though many dream of having their own business and not having to answer to a boss, unfortunately they are doomed to that life.  It takes a special kind of guts to break away from what we have been taught and delve into uncharted waters.

Many start standard brick and mortar shops and services and are faced with a number of known expenses to get going and service customers.  Those starting with seemingly low start-up like networking have a definite advantage. But both may forget important factors like the need to proper market and advertise their business. Some people are actually misled that all they have to do is sign up and they will have the work done for them and other such balderdash – huh? 

So what can you do to give yourself and edge and a fast start for the long haul?

First, realize you are the boss.  Don’t treat your new business like a hobby or think about “trying it out for awhile” (Quit now and save yourself time and aggravation if that is the case).  No one is going to give you your schedule – you have to make a schedule. No one is going to make you punch a time clock – you need to make the most of your time.  Answer this question for yourself, “Can I work, put as much or more effort into my own business as I would for someone else’s business because my “job” depended on it?”

Marie Gervacio Your Personal Success Coach
Health & Wealth: http://www.mynsp.com/shineyourstar
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: This may be harsh but...
9/1/2006 11:51:05 AM

Hello Marie,

Great advice, and not at all harsh.  This applies to the novice as well as the pro. 

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Bev
Bev Hofmann

114 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/1/2006 11:57:57 AM
Thanks Marie. We all need a reminder now and then to treat our home based business like a business! If we intend to make a really good income then we must give our home based business the attention that it deserves. In most cases, the tax breaks that we have access to are well worth our time and effort.
Cheers, Bev Advertising that actually pays you! http://www.bannersbroker.com/bevsbb
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/1/2006 12:13:03 PM

Hi Marie,

Sounds like good advice to me, not harsh.

Thank you, Marie.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/1/2006 12:20:20 PM
Hi Marie,

That sounds like good common sense.

If anyone finds it "harsh" maybe they should think twice about running their own business.  It's a great way to earn a living, but it's tough too.  When you work for yourself, home or outside,  it doesn't matter who's to blame if something goes wrong , "the buck" stops at your door.

Great post
Saludos
Jenny

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!