Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
P.T.S.S.
8/25/2006 12:17:01 AM
Today I witnessed an episode of, what I call "Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome". (I'm not a Dr. - I might be wrong but I doubt it). It was chilling and heart wrenching for the family member, who shall remain nameless, as well as for myself.  You may recall me mentioning a while back that our family experienced a painful accident. Today, two months to the day, he had to make a visit to the accident scene. That is not a good experience but it had to be done.
Why am I posting this? In case anyone here is looking for answers on how to deal with this, there is a name for it and there is help available if you get to your Dr. Don't think that you will get over it on your own.

+0
Re: P.T.S.S.
9/17/2006 12:17:08 PM

Hello Rudy

Thank you for stopping by and posting in this forum. Post traumatic stress syndrome is something that is much more prevailant in our society than many people think. It was really just recognized and accepted as a serious problem during the Viet Nam war. The V.A is still not up to par with dealing with this disorder and there needs to be a lot more attention paid to it. Would you believe that during the civil war and the first world war, those who suffered from PTSD were considered to be cowards and traitors and were often times shot by their own comrades in arms. Things have gotten better since then but we have a long way to go. Thanks again Rudy

Sincerly, Bill VAnderbilt

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!