Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Joining Private Forums
8/17/2006 9:14:35 AM

Hi Lisa,

This is a great idea for a forum. I would like to contribute a "techie" issue.
I have a forum set to "private" because there are personal videos posted. I also invite others to post personal videos, audio and pics. And I want it to only be viewed by members. I have had a couple friends that missed the initial "join now" email and have been unable to get into the forum. Between Michael de la Cruz and Rose Enderud we finally figure it out.

If you log-in and  go to "Forums" in the left column. Then to "my forums". Listed will be all the forums that you have been invited to join. You browse to find the one you want to join and simply click on "allow". You will then recieve a message telling you that you were added to the forum.

This is also where you can deactivate or delete forums from your list if you do not have an interest and no longer want to recieve new thread notices.

Basically, when Logged-in. Everything in the left column is your "Control" buttons. Everyone should browse through these to find anything of importance.

Thanks and good luck,
Your friend,
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Lisa Reddell

254 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Joining Private Forums
8/17/2006 8:24:44 PM
Hey Angela!

This is an excellent post, and an outstanding addition to our growing collection of teckie help for Adlanders.

Thank you so much for visiting!

Toodles,

Lisa :)
Lisa Reddell :`)
Do you love candles?
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2006 10:22:22 AM

hello Angela

How can you tell if a forum is private or public from the list of my forums.????

Larry

Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/18/2006 11:12:33 AM

Hi Lisa, YW. I try to contribute when I can.

Hi Larry,
Well, you got me there. I don't see anything. I guess when you click to accept it may tell you. Or when you go to the forum itself. Not sure about that one.

I just know how to get into a forum, whether private or not. I have one set as private and had friends that when going directly to the forum, there is not a "Join" button. So you have to look through your invites to find it and join that way.

Good luck,
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!