Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Aaron Dondineau

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Life and business are about building relationships and trust.
8/13/2006 6:23:16 PM

I talk to a lot of people everyday.

Friends, family and business associates.

Without effective communication every things crumbles to pieces.

It is vital to stay in contact with everyone you know.

This can be very hard to do every day.

Well try to talk or email them at least once a week.

Another problem that is surrounding the business community.

Is the way that people are presenting the company.

That are involved with.

If someone contacts me about a business.

That I am interested in and they have attitude problem.

I will not join the company until I find the right person.

What do mean by attitude problem.

They are a cocky and arrogant person.

They tell me a list of statistics.

Then they proceed to ask me personal questions.

And use what I tell them against me.

This when I say thank you for your time.

I am not interested, and please don't contact me again.

I truly believe that if anyone uses these tactics.

When talking to prospects or a interested person.

90 percent of the time the person,

Will never want to talk to you again.

The reason I know this I have had this happen to me.

And I have tried these tactics that companies have told me to use.

I do not approach anyone with this state of mind.

And I do not sound pre programmed.

When I contact a person.

I can usually tell within five minutes.

If they are interested or not.

If they are not interested I do not contact them again.

Unless they want me to.

I have talked to people that did not fit the business.

That I am in I asked them what do you ant to do.

What kind of business do you want to start.

And I help them find something else.

Some of my best friends are people.

Who were interested in what I did on line.

But we had a common interest.

In various topics and ideas.

Before I decided to join my latest online business.

I had picked and chose through at least 50 people.

Before I made my decision.

+0
Mary Smith

231 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Life and business are about building relationships and trust.
11/17/2006 3:46:46 PM
I agree that building relationships is very important. While building the relationship trust will develop also. If you don't build a relationship especially in business then how can you possibly know if your product/service can help that person. And even if your business is not for them you still have a friend for life. Nothing could be better! Mary :)
Make a Child Smile http://www.makeachildsmile.org
+0
Re: Life and business are about building relationships and trust.
11/28/2006 8:39:22 PM
We all have existing relationships and a new relationship can be built in an instant. It's the trust factor that need to be built. Trust begins with integrity. In fact, I'm re-reading a book by Dr. Henry Cloud entitled "Integrity: the courage to meet the demands of reality."

Dr. Cloud demonstrates the six essential qualities that determine success in business.  The first quality is establishing trust.  We build trust through connection, through extending favor, and through vulnerability.

Each one of these trust building factors is a process. The ability to connect is one of the most crucial processes that we need to learn. It builds respect, anticipation, confidence, and trust.  This is the piece of the puzzle that I've learned from John Counsel (www.freecoachingonline.com). Many of us use these skills unconsciously to connect with family, friends, and potential mates. Yet when it comes to business, we have to learn to use them on a conscious level.

Continuing our dialogue about connection, John Counsel says, "It's a product of respect, confidence and trust, which are, in turn, external effects of personal integrity." We have to show our integrity by practical example. People trust what they can see.

So when we make a connection, we have to go where or potential partners are standing. And we must do this without losing our own perspective. We must agree that if we were standing in their shoes, we would feel just as they do. Then we can create hope (hope is a motive to move forward) through empathy.  Dr. Cloud says that empathy happens like this:

"They talk --> you experience them --> you share what you have heard and experience about their experience --> then they experience you as having heard them. They then know you are "with them."

The next part of what John Counsel calls "the Fulfilment Spiral" is to overcome your potential partner's fear.  Our first fear is that someone is going to try to convince us to do something that we don't want to do.  (The question in my mind is, "Why are you here and why are you trying to get me to buy this?") So we go in looking over our shoulder. None of us want to be stabbed in the back or taken for granted.

To eliminate this fear we have to meet and demostrate three criteria: 1) we have to show them that there is little or no risk in being involved with us; 2) our product or service must do what it says it will do; and 3) our product or service must have value (the benefits you gain are much greater than all of the conditions you have to meet in order to enjoy them).

Stay well,

Shemuel
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!