Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Important Mental Health Update
8/12/2006 2:59:30 PM

NAMI, The Nation's Voice on Mental Illness

Update: National Suicide Hotline
to Operate Two Additional Weeks

As NAMI reported yesterday, the nation's largest suicide hotline, 1-800-SUICIDE, is scheduled to go out of service. But instead of this occurring on Saturday, August 12, as previously announced, the operator of this hotline has been given a two week extension. Negotiations are still in progress that may prevent the number from going out of service. However, NAMI is still urging the public to be aware that the alternative number for those in crisis is 1-800-273-TALK.

This number will put callers in touch with the federally-funded National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, a service that has been in operation since January, 2005. It functions as a central switchboard to immediately connect callers to virtually the same network of certified, local crisis centers accessed by 1-800-SUICIDE. So callers can receive counseling or emergency services, if needed, close to home.

All calls to the 1-800-273-TALK Lifeline are private and confidential. Confidentiality of personal information and of personal disclosures during calls is a high priority for the parties involved in operating the Lifeline.

The federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is working with the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and the entire suicide prevention community to ensure that every call for help during a suicide crisis is answered. Some of the measures being put in place include:

Ensuring that the entire suicide-prevention community is working the phones and Internet to make sure that all referring agencies know that 1-800-273-TALK is the number to call for suicide intervention.

Notifying service providers, including directory 411 and 211 operators, that 1-800-SUICIDE is scheduled to go out of service in two weeks, and to direct callers to 1-800-273-TALK for help.

Redirecting callers who call 1-800-SUICIDE to call 1-800-273-TALK through a recording.

NAMI will continue to stay involved with these efforts and will distribute additional information as it becomes available.

NAMI urges you to help distribute this alert in your community. Together, we can ensure that every call for help is answered.

Thank you,

Michael J. Fitzpatrick, MSW
Executive Director
NAMI

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

The biggest little community in the world. The Spotlight Of Friends

The following link will take you to a program that I gave up on once but, I am now convinced that this is a great opportunity. The people involved have been very dedicated to their members and it is getting very close to " PAYDAY ".

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Important Mental Health Update
8/12/2006 4:54:58 PM

William,

Good to see you back here.  Thanks for the information.  The 1-800-suicide is easy to remember.  I will help get the word out here in Adlandpro and on any flyers I put up in the area where I live.

thanks William.

+0
8/12/2006 6:09:20 PM

Bill

Thanks for the information and i think its great that your getting this info out to people!

love ya

Tracy

+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2006 8:51:43 PM

Hello my Dear friend William,

Your Awesome!!! Thank you for the info here. Very important to spread the word about this kind of help. We know the numbers of people needing help is going up and there needs to be more resourses.

Thank you for  the plug on the Spotlight.

Don't forget about our Business Highlights Weekly Gazette, Blog, nominations

New "Where in the World have you Been" Forum, Candidates

Your Good Friend,

+0
Donggeun Yoo

2984 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2006 7:24:45 AM

DEAR William Vanderbilt

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION

I THINK, IT WILL BE VERY BENEFICIAL FOR MANY PEOPLE !

------------------------------------------------------------------

Join Free today & Check out  your Power line tomorrow

http://ohmmani.ProWealthSuccess.com

http://yoodoo.com.ne.kr/M2CGLOBAL.htm

Click Here for Free Traffic!
Click Here for your Free Traffic!

WARNING: A new immensely powerful viral marketing system has been released, which allows marketers to broadcast messages directly to people's desktops. Learn more about it here: http://www.DesktopLightning.com/ohmmani
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!