Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Suz
Suz LeBoeuf

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Walden U. plans
8/12/2006 4:47:21 AM

see my posts at my blog:  http://360.yahoo.com/icsn2202

Walden

KAM I Principles of Societal Development: Breadth. I will review the current theories of human development from a psychological standpoint, giving a brief history of the field of psychology. My goal is to take the current research and treatment perspectives about psychosis to question whether more may be causing these diagnoses of psychosis. I will begin to merge this questioning into a more developed theory about how weapons assault can cause effects mimicking psychosis in particular.

KAM I Depth. I will show from current research that weapons can cause mental illness, that the effects of acoustical weapons look the same as the DSM-IV diagnostic criteria. I will compare and contrast these diagnostic features more in-depth with the help of scientific papers by John McMurtrey, M.S., who has written extensively about these weapons. I will offer suggestions in how to develop criteria so we can rule-out weapons first, before committing a patient to a regimen of psychiatric or psychological intervention. I will integrate current thinking in homeland security, corporate crime and profits from a social construct of mental illness. I will write from a mental health clinician’s standpoint. I will incorporate a study of ethics in institutions in general, from Jennifer Washburn’s “University Inc.: The corporate corruption of higher education” (2005) that talks about how many universities endanger education by implementing the market model. I will tie this in with the military uses of war for profit-motive by government officials and their ties to the weapons industry. I will show how government provides contracts for industry related to classified research for technology and how this may be affecting the safety of society. Corruption and ethics will be further discussed in relation to society’s mental health as motive to mental illness being created criminally and ties provided to theories examining the current administration’s attempt at having the public more widely screened for mental health diagnosing.

KAM I Application. My application will provide a comparison of diagnostic criteria for mental illness with effects of acoustic or other war weapons. I will focus on psychosis and related symptomology in comparison. I will use technological or scientific research from a variety of technical resources, such as Sharon Weinberger’s “Imaginary Weapons” (2006). I will try to convince the psychiatric field that this is a cause of many illnesses they are diagnosing as being psychotic, and trying to get a new criteria defined about weapons assault implemented into the DSM, and more research needing to be done preventing these assaults from occurring that has to be ruled-out before diagnosing patients as being “psychotic” or “schizophrenic” and similar diagnoses. I would like my KAM to be about how to spot weapons assault to prevent mistakenly prescribing meds for patients suffering from effects of weapons, not organic mental illness.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!