Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Ayurveda - Part 2 - Vata-Pitta-Kapha (Tridosha Concept)
8/4/2006 8:40:44 PM

My dearest Zeus, (to this land returned),

Thank you for this wonderful post, with such richly added information ... I love and appreciate your contributions ... they are always welcome ...

It is very true, many people do not realise the importance of the elements in their characteristical make-up ... mood swings, reactions, behaviour, choices and interraction with the environment and others is all influenced by the elments, both, outside and within the body.

Where a person lives and is happiest living is, to an extent, determined, and subconsciously chosen by the internal elemental influences. 

A "water" predominant person would need to live by water , (ie. the sea, a lake, a river), in order to feel at peace and happy.  A person with predominantly "air" characteristics needs to have open spaces to be able to breath freely and flow ... just like a "fire" predominant person needs to be buried in paper all the time and constantly working on new projects ...

All elements, like the Vata-Kapha-Pitta need to be in equal balance, even though general tendencies veer more towards one, rather than another. 

Modern day astrological compatibilities work on this principle of a union between beings with positive, balancing and harmonising elemental effects.

Ayurveda, no doubt, greatly influenced Greek natural medicine and scientific practices.  There was substantial printed material around in ancient days, which was kept in the Venetian library of San Marco but, sadly, the bulk of it was lost during the great fire in the 16th century.

Have a wonderful weekend file mou ...and be sure that after the POTW ... the woven gown of clouds from Zeus and the lily diamond crown, with Cyprus as it's jewel shall never fade or be passed on ....

Many hugs to you

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/4/2006 8:46:24 PM

My dearest sis ...

It's sooooo good to have you back ... I really missed you ....

I am glad that you find this article interesting and I am happy to be able to partake some of this magnificent science .. It truly is fascinating and so true to life ... I keep saying it ... but I am a great advocate of Ayurveda ...

I strongly believe that everyone can benefit from knowing themselves as a whole being, in unisom, rather than parts ....  

.... understanding the self ..... develops the self ....

Much love and hugs to you and have a great weekend

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/4/2006 8:52:17 PM

Robert,

It's really great to see you again.  I am pleased that you enjoyed thís article ...

It is very true ... the Chinese do call the energy force within us the Chi (Qi)... which are believed to travel through the Chakras in the body, any blockage in energy, Qi,  flow causes the same imbalances, and ultimately illness and disease that Ayurveda talks about ...

I will do a comparative article further along in the future and talk about the QI and the Karma ... good and bad .... which is another equivalent for positive and negative energies.

Take care my friend and have a wonderful weekend

Kindest wishes

Venerina

+0
8/5/2006 2:02:58 PM

Hi;  Great  article and informative.  A little scary when you can see yourself

described.  Looking forward to #3.  Don Leithoff

Are you tired of being blasted with claims of large income immediately on joining? They aren't lying, but they don't tell you the whole story. Let Greg explain a whole net concept to put you into a network business without breaking the bank. The idea is
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/5/2006 7:05:13 PM

Hello Don,

How are you? ... It's so nice to see you again, I haven't seen you in a while.  I hope everything is ok with you ...

I am pleased that you found the article informative, thank you for posting and thank you very much for the e.book ... I am slowly getting through it ....

I will send you a PM when I have digested it ...

Take care my friend and have a lovely weekend.

Best wishes

Venerina

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!