Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Our Internet Freedom is Being Challenged
8/3/2006 9:01:38 AM
Hi Everyone, We got the following message/request from E-Bay regarding an attempt to legislate a new Internet System in the US. We are looking at the possibility of losing the freedom we have today to use the Internet!
(Below is a link e-bay participants can use to send a message to their congressman; all others need to get a letter out to your Congress Rep.) Read it here:

Net Neutrality and the eBay Community: A Call to Action!

As you know, I almost never reach out to you personally with a request to get involved in a debate in the U.S. Congress. However, today I feel I must.

Right now, the telephone and cable companies in control of Internet access are trying to use their enormous political muscle to dramatically change the Internet. It might be hard to believe, but lawmakers in Washington are seriously debating whether consumers should be free to use the Internet as they want in the future.

Join me by clicking here -- http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/netneutrality -- to send a message to your representatives in Congress.

The phone and cable companies now control more than 95% of all Internet access. These large corporations are spending millions of dollars to promote legislation that would allow them to divide the Internet into a two-tiered system.

The top tier would be a "Pay-to-Play" high-speed toll-road restricted to only the largest companies that can afford to pay high fees for preferential access to the Net.

The bottom tier -- the slow lane -- would be what is left for everyone else. If the fast lane is the information "super-highway," the slow lane will operate more like a dirt road.

Today's Internet is an incredible open marketplace for goods, services, information and ideas. We can't give that up. A two-lane system will restrict innovation because start-ups and small companies -- the companies that can't afford the high fees -- will be unable to succeed, and we'll lose out on the jobs, creativity and inspiration that come with them.

The power belongs with Internet users, not the big phone and cable companies. Let's use that power to send as many messages as possible to our elected officials in Washington. Please join me by clicking here right now to send a message to your representatives in Congress before it is too late. You can make the difference.

Thank you for reading this note. I hope you'll make your voice heard today.

Sincerely,

Meg Whitman
President and CEO
eBay Inc.

P.S. If you have any questions about this issue, please contact us atgovernment_relations@ebay.com.
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Our Internet Freedom is Being Challenged
8/3/2006 9:20:32 AM
I sent letters for everyone in my house.
Thank you Dr. Da
I heard about this the first time a couple of weeks
ago, and with the Can Spam act, The powers that be
are seeking to control the money on the internet.

It's not supprising to me, judging by the history of thier actions.
I also wanted to congratulate you for your recent feature.
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/3/2006 10:56:27 AM
Thank you David!

I will follow the link and do my share to make my voice heard.  Thank you for sharing this valuable information!  :-)

Blessings,  Jill
+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/3/2006 12:40:25 PM

Hi David!

This is such an important issue!  I pray that everyone here @ AdLand does their part to make our voice heard in congress!

Let them know that we do not approve! 

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/3/2006 1:37:11 PM
Hello David!

Can I do something here?
Please let me know!

Anamaria