Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Smith

231 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Adlandpro Community Cookbook-PIE RECIPES
12/13/2006 1:00:22 PM

Derby Pie (My Mom's Recipe)

Ingredients:

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 cup - sugar

1/2 cup - flour

1 stick of butter (melted & cooled)

1 cup - choc. chips

1 cup - chopped walnuts

Directions: Mix in order given. Bake in single pie crust 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Do not over fill the crust!

Enjoy!

Mary :)

Make a Child Smile http://www.makeachildsmile.org
+0
Debi Kunes

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/21/2007 4:36:27 PM

I totally enjoy both making and eating this apple dessert. I know it's not a "pie" but I couldn't find another category labled "desserts."  I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and all the friends I've made it for!

Apple Danish     

Combine in large bowl:

1 cup flour

2 tablespoons packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 ½ teaspoons yeast

Add:

¾ cup warm water

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Beat one minute.

Stir in:

1 cup flour.

Knead until smooth. Coat the inside of a bowl with oil and place the dough into the bowl, turning to coat it with oil. Cover and let rise until doubled (about 45 minutes). Punch down; let rest 15 minutes.

Prepare filling:

In a small saucepan mix:

2 ¼ cups chopped apples

½ cups packed brown sugar

1 ½ tablespoons flour

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

¼ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon cinnamon

Cook over low heat until apples are tender (add water if it becomes too thick).

Roll dough into a 13 x 8 inch rectangle. Place onto greased cookie sheet. Spread apple filling lengthwise over center third of the dough. Make cuts from the edges of dough to filling at one inch intervals. Fold these strips at an angle over the center filling, crossing one side over the other. Cover; let rise until doubled.

Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, covering with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent over browning.

Top with Browned Butter Glaze:

In a small saucepan heat 2 tablespoons butter over low to medium heat until light brown in color; cool.

Stir in:

2/3 cup powdered sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla

Stir in 3-4 teaspoons milk until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.

Drizzle over the apple danish.

by Debi Kunes

AGLOCO http://www.agloco.com/r/bbbm1211  Earn $ and shares in the company browsing the internet.

Marketing Pond--Free Promotions Resource http://www.marketingpond.com/?4984 Mineral Makeup for Girls! http://www.mineralgirlz.com/members/kunes5
+0
2/12/2007 3:08:43 AM

That's Awesome Nick. I never knew you were such a chef!

Here's one of my favorite pie recipes, and if I don't stop eating these so much I'll have to go on a diet (again). Just reading these recipes makes me want to go do some baking.

Million Dollar Pie

This makes two pies.

This is SOO EASY and requires no baking.

You need 2  graham cracker crusts

I like the chocolate ones myself. But plain is fine.

First you'll need to prepare a box of your favorite flavor of jello and set until firm, then mix it with fruit cocktail (drained) a cup of pecans and a large bowl of cool whip.

Line your pie crust with thinly sliced bananas, then pour your ingredients over them and fill both pie shells.

Refridgerate until firm

Is that easy or what? And just wait until you taste it! Hmmm Delicious!

Becky

DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!