Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re :Oh, boy, here we go again...
7/13/2006 12:13:06 PM
Judy, Thanks for posting. It's a wonder to me that anyone believes anything any more, lol. I certainly don't, until I've had a chance to check it out, and then I sometimes doubt my sources. Sometimes I despair of ever being able to tell truth from fiction again. Is that what you'd call cynical? Guess I'm cynical, then. Cheri PS I've been meaning to post a thread about Judy's newsletter, which you can subscribe to at her website Path2Prosperity.com. Judy's dry humor appeals to me quite a bit, and it's very evident in her newsletter offerings. She invites people with 'lashings of common sense' to enjoy her monthly newsletter. Besides being entertaining and factual, she has wonderful things to say about me in the latest one, so be sure not to miss it, lol.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/13/2006 12:14:26 PM
Hi, Max You're welcome, and back atcha. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/13/2006 1:36:18 PM
Kate, The behavior you describe is maybe a bit more overt than what goes on here, but you've hit the nail on the head. I can't get over all the people who post in one thread the virtues of their 'opportunities' and in another how broke they are! It's simply amazing to me that they don't see the inconsistency in that, but at least we can draw our own conclusions. As far as it being akin to gambling, well, I suppose. But most gamblers expect to lose, even while hoping to win. Internet newbies that are caught in these scams fully expect to win. It would be more like a new gambler getting into a game with a professional card shark who cheats. Not to mention the fact that it's illegal, at least here in the US. So, they're involved in a game with a professional card shark who cheats, AND they have the potential to be arrested for being in an illegal game to begin with. The people at the bottom of the chain always get hurt! Even if I had a good run myself, I couldn't feel good about it--you know those people at the bottom who would have provided the good run for me and lost themselves? Their money is just as important to them as mine is to me. I disagree with a few friends on this score, and am still friends with them. This may seem inconsistent, too, so I'll explain here that those friends who advocate some of these activities and with whom I'm still friends, at least have the grace to state very clearly that what they advocate is a gamble. At least they are honest! We could very well get into a discussion here about the ethics of posting something as true that one hasn't checked out, experienced or in any other way determined to be true. But, better authorities than I, including Dave Cottrell and Linda Caroll, have posted in that vein before, so I'll refer you to their forums. It's worth the read. Cheri
+0
China T.B.

38 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/13/2006 1:44:39 PM

Hello Cheri,

You wrote:

It's a wonder to me that anyone believes anything any more, lol. I certainly don't, until I've had a chance to check it out, and then I sometimes doubt my sources. Sometimes I despair of ever being able to tell truth from fiction again. Is that what you'd call cynical? Guess I'm cynical, then.

That's how I feel exactly. There are so many well-written scams and spams out there that it is difficult even for a trusting person like me to take anything seriously. Is that paranoia? But paranoia is better than getting your trust stepped on!

By the way, I like your site and what I read. Need to find more time to read.

Thanks for including me in your circle.

China at www.shopdrops.com

shopkeeper at www.shopdrops.com
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/13/2006 7:14:23 PM
China, Welcome! I appreciate your comments, and hope you'll come often to participate. I have learned through Adland to reserve judgement until I have read many posts over a fairly lengthy period of time before I trust someone to give internet business advice. That said, I take everyone at face value as to who they are and what their values are, until I'm proven wrong to do so. Most of the people I associate with regularly here at Adland, I have found to be trustworthy as to their sincerity, and I feel that we've become real friends. Not all have proven to me that they know much about the businesses they are promoting, however. For me, that requires a higher standard. By the same token, I don't expect people to become my customers until they have assured themselves that they can trust me. That takes interaction over a long enough period of time that one's true colors show up. Adland is a great community for that kind of interaction, so I'm glad I found it, even though I'm having so much fun socializing that I fear I neglect my homework, lol. Again, welcome. Thanks for dropping in! Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!