Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Join Our Interreligious Dialogue
6/25/2006 11:43:37 PM
Hello Friends and Visitors, Welcome to our forum. Interreligious Dialogue is discussion that helps us learn more about, and gain greater understanding of, the world's religions and the religous beliefs and practices of each other. In this forum, we hope to accomplish just that. From our various religious traditions we will share information, and seek clarification - not seek to make converts. We hope to hear from persons from across the world - the truly global face of AdlandPro. Tell us something about either YOUR religion, or the religious traditions in your country. Include something of your sacred rituals, any special days observed, what you eat on those occasions, any special dress, music...everything. We are dying to hear more about it. Anticipate questions, and all who ask please be kind not rude. All who respond, no need to be defensive just clearly speak your convictions. There is no need for us to agree, yet we do not have to disagree violently - just respect each other's views. I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about your religious beliefs and practices in your part of the world. Peace, Marlamar
"Success is part determination and part divine intervention" - Marlamar http://www.marviaspanamajournal.com
+0
Re: Join Our Interreligious Dialogue
6/26/2006 5:24:35 PM
Hi! I was raised to believe that there is one God,and his holy son Jesus Christ.That Christ is the son of mother Mary and the Lord God impregnated Mary to bear his son,Jesus. My great Grandfather,my grandfather and my oldest brother were and are Preachers of Assembly of God Ministries.They teach simular to the Babtist religion.Although the Babtist believe that it is ok to cut your (WOMEN)hair.We are taught that your hair is the Woman`s Glory and should not be cut.We also do`nt believe in wearing make-up and scurts are proper,the man wears the pants. http://www.online-lisasplace.com
+0
6/26/2006 8:32:26 PM
Hello Lisa, Thank you for sharing about the Assemblies of God. We have congregations of your denomination in Jamaica too. It is the same here, the Assemblies are far more conservative than the Baptist group I belong to. I am Baptist. In Jamaica, there are a variety of Baptists groups, each with their unique emphases. Some Baptist churches in Jamaica, do not allow women to wear pants, or cut their hair or wear make-up. They use the Bible as the basis for that. Other Baptists, also use the same Bible and do not restrict women from wearing what they wish to wear just as long as it is appropriate for worship and going out in public. I fall in this last group. I do not see anything in the Bible that says a woman should not wear pants, or wear make-up. Scriptural reference to a woman's hair are controversial at best. For us nothing wrong with a woman cutting her hair. In my denomination too women are ordained as pastors (ministers of religion). I do not think they are allowed in the Assemblies of God here. Is it any different by you? Tell me do you think women should preach..or should they 'keep silent in the church'? Looking forward to reading yours, Marlamar
"Success is part determination and part divine intervention" - Marlamar http://www.marviaspanamajournal.com
+0
6/28/2006 11:14:06 PM
Hi Marlamar, You know I have always herd from different religions that a woman should stand behind her man and not speak unless spoken to within the Church`s. I feel that if God as given anyone the power,strength and the knowledge to preach then they should preach.I have also been taught that we are not to judge others.I have tried to live by this practice.We are to leave the judging to the Lord. I hope this makes since to you.Enjoy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!