Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Our Children and The Runaway Train
6/10/2006 12:14:59 AM
Hello Lisa, Yes, you are welcome to use the article in tact, and as long as the copyright, footer and all links are kept in tact. Kindest regards, Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2006 3:32:43 PM
Hi Luella and John, Another interesting article John, and was particularly drawn to the following comment you made ------------------------------------------------ "and if you want your children to grow up and have a better life than you, then its you that must change to give it to them" ------------------------------------------------ I wonder how often we ask our children to do things that we ourselves weren't capable to doing. How many high school drop outs from the sixties and seventies are outraged when their children want to do the same. Yes I know that some of us, when we were older, went back and made up for it. And how often do we ask our children to do things that we are even able to do ourselves? It reminds me of the father who screamed at his child "Stop f***ing swearing!" LOL Saludos Jennifer
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2006 3:53:41 AM
Hi Jennifer, John Here, You are so right my friend, we are our childrens roll model. We should only expect them to give 100% effort, whether they acheive the desired results or not. Sometimes in this days society we expect far to much from our growing children, as they struggle to please everyone. I have always asked my own children to at least give the effort, that way they know they tried their very best in all they do. If we ourselves come from a background of underacheivement then our children will also fall into the same traps that we did, thus perpetuating the cycle, into the next generation. But by breaking that cycle ourselves and re-educating ourselves, then our children certainly will follow our example and become better adults in return. Love and Peace John Elliott aka Oaky Wood & Luella May
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!