Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Bits and Pieces
6/20/2006 6:27:24 PM
Gary, I think it's very apt. Thank you for sharing it, I'll place it in my collection. It's also true that you can't strengthen the weak by fighting their battles for them, unfortunately. You might be able to prevent the injustice you see, and then the next time--when you're not around--that person whose battle you fought will not have any more ability to protect themselves than they had before. As for the story my guide told me, I'm stymied in my search because I can't spell the name of the canyon she was referring to. Will have to try to find it on a map and try again with Google. What I did discover is that the Din'e (Navajo) and Hopi peoples are involved in a long-standing dispute over some of the lands in question. Maybe that's what she was referring to, in which case I don't know the right of it. Before the US government began interfering, inter-tribal warfare would have settled it. Guess they can't do that now. In any case, I probably won't tilt at this particular windmill. Who was it who said 'pick your battles'? I'm past the age when I thought I could right all the wrongs in the world. Guess I'll just keep tilting at the credit industry. Cheri
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/20/2006 7:28:35 PM
Hi Cheri, If you are interested in Navajo traditions then I suggest you contact a friend of mine - Sybil McLendon from Tucson, Arizona. Sybil has Navajo blood flowing through her veins and is an expert on all things Navajo. You can read an interview I did with this lovely lady at: http://www.motivationselfesteem.com/A2-Achievers-Interview-Sibyl-McLendon.html If you would like to chat with her via email then you can use me as an introduction. Her website address and contact details are at the interview. Regards Gary PS: Sybil is a prolific writer so you will probably have something in common with her.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/20/2006 10:56:45 PM
Gary, Thank you, I may do that. My top priority is getting my real estate business settled down. Then I need to get back to Linda's course and finish some of my writing projects. I'll keep your offer in mind though, and will read the interview. Cheri
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/20/2006 11:02:48 PM
Hi Cheri, I have been meaning to drop you a note to welcome you back, but you know, where does the time go? Hope you had a wonderful vacation. And I am glad you are back. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/20/2006 11:11:08 PM
Deborah, Thank you! I haven't a clue where the time goes, but it must be passing relatively pleasantly, lol. I can't seem to make myself get to work!! Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!