Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mike Eldred

237 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Around This Man
6/1/2006 5:27:23 PM
It was nearly 7 years ago I met a wounderful lady. I was on the road in Texas and had to stay a view days. She worked where i was staying. It was extremely nice meeting someone with so many alike atributes. Interests, things that happened to each of us, things we like to do. It was a short stay but the start of a long journey. At the time of my departure I thought i would like to keep in touch with this specail find. So on a post card i left my contact information with a nice message, calling her Sunset, i called her Sunset because when she first caught my attention the sun was setting behind her. Almost like she walked right out of it and into my life. Yes as days went by I went from texas to florida to michigan. In my spare time i found myself thinking of her. I was writeing her, short letters and a few post cards. I was not at the address i left for her to write me untill weeks later. I had no idea if she has been writeing me. I was shareing with her the sights i saw and things in my life. At last i returned to my home town in Pennsylvania. With everything happenning to me at the time, Divorce tending court and setting up my interests for the children and trying to start over..The (women) judge asked me instead of my childrens mother "What do you want" Only after asking thier mother whose in the house whats going on while your husband is earning a liveing. Yeah Good judge!!... Anyway I simply started "I don't want a battle. I would like to see my children every weekend I can. their mother can have everything." So I gave up my 1400 a week job for a 700 a week one. All this started before I met Sunset. I had already moved back with my parents and what few things i had to call my own fit in a duffle bag inside my caravan. So writeing to sunset helped tramendously. When i did return home a had a suprise. There were letters waiting for me to read and boy did I. letters with pictures in them to. I learned fast that her home life was just like mine. She couldn't live with a man that wasn't all for her. Time went by and between letters i found myself writeing--,like I used to, poetry, short songs. Then i decided to ask if it would be ok if I came down and visit her. I went down 5 diferent times within the first year. meeting her family and helping them with dayly tasks. To me I felt i was home. One day I received an invite to have a poem puplished. Mary (sunset) pulled out a poem i had wrote her and suggeted to submit it. i did , You can all read it at www.poetry.com enter my name in the search line. or the title Around This Man. We are quite happy with the out come of our writeing. her sister and kids even moved up here too.. and thanks for these posts. Poetry is like, well-its own language..
The total time working out ways your time with family.
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Around This Man
6/8/2006 12:49:21 AM
Hi Michael I would like to thank you for your post and you are more than welcome to come by anytime. I would love to get my work published, but it is always about money. I am going right now to check out www.poetry.com. Thanks for the info.
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!