Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Can Anyone Really Be Original These Days?
5/25/2006 1:48:55 PM
Hello Everybody, Hello there Luella and John, Well....! After all these amazing posts I have read, I'm trying hard to find something Original to say! Steve, 11 out of 10 for your last post (are you a cynic?)! I believe that everyone is unique. There is a saying here in Spain "everybody is a world". People may be similar or nearly identical, but never never identical in every single way. In that respect we are all original. What is a shame is that, for many and varied reasons, everyone is trying to be the same and sometimes they lose themselves and their unique ideas never see the light of day. Yes, to try to be yourself is possibly the best way to be original. Does anyone remember the line from the Musical "Hair" in the 60's - "kid, just do whatever you want to do, so long as you dont hurt anybody"? And John, your comments on what it takes to be innovative, ring true to me. As for being original in the creative sense, difficult but certainly possible (unless you fake paintings - although even that for a few people has become a very original career!) I think a lot depends on whether you are actually looking for originality in something or you are looking for sameness (is your glass half full or half empty?) That it folks - I'm off to try to see if I can paint an angel that's more original than the last one! Saludos Jennifer
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/26/2006 12:54:28 AM
LOL! This is great Steve, thank you! Kindest regards, Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/26/2006 1:01:00 AM
Hello Jennifer! Your reply was most original and enlightening. No matter what you do, add your own special style. You can't lose. And Jennifer, I just love our angels. Thank you so much. We do make an awfully cute couple, what do you think? Kindest regards, Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/26/2006 5:54:01 AM
Hello John, What would really be cute (or is it derivative after all) would be to paint your faces on your angels - but,respecting your anonymity - it would have to be Luella's face and that of the mystery man from Mansfield. Like this... http://www.alasyciagranada.com/TC4WAngelsJohnandLuella.jpg (click here) You keep your air of mystery John - it adds to your fascination! Best Wishes Jennifer
+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/26/2006 1:22:07 PM
Hello Jennifer! This is Luella. LOL! I love it! However, the angels are perfect with their little precious faces. I am the little angel on the right and John is the one on the left. You are absolutely great! Love you, Luella May and John Elliott, aka Oaky Wood
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!