Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Can Anyone Really Be Original These Days?
5/24/2006 10:31:53 AM
Hello. Thank you for inviting me. I totally agree with your responses, in fact I have behaved in exactly the way as your comments indicate for the past 60 years. I have found out that if you compromise who you truly are in order to achieve a goal, or worse, to please someone else, you do yourself and society a very grievous and terrible disservice. I am a product of my very varied and complicated surroundings and I only worry about trying to do what is right. The Internet is no different, but results and consequences manifest themselves faster than in “real life”. I try not to hurt anyone's feelings or not insult anyone in the process of being myself, the rest just falls into place. I understand my place in society and I cherish and appreciate my own unique development as a product of the complex environment I have grown up in. If that makes me "unique" or an "original", so be it. Frank del Valle
Please Help Us Stop Global Warming. Help Us Save The Amazon Rainforest. http://www.RainforestSringsWater.com
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2006 10:35:41 AM
Hello my friends John and Luella :-) Wish you the best of success in the new formula! I think that Originality is much a matter of choice and dare! If I dare to be myself than I'm "stucked" in originality, as we all are unique and one of a kind LOL If I want to stay "safe" than better walk on already overstept roads, and of caurse that will be my "faith" LOL, looks I'm in a very poetic mood right now. But I guess/and hope that you get my point here! ;-) With friendship, Anamaria
+0
Elisa Simmons

25 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/24/2006 11:41:57 AM
I agree with everyone else. It's not easy to come up with an idea that no one else has come up with. The thing to do is make whatever you are doing personal, and with your own style. While an idea in and of itself may not be original, the way it's expressed will be because we are all original.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/24/2006 2:08:16 PM
Hi, Luella and John Great opening topic, and some very interesting responses. I was particularly impressed with Steve Baric's response. Not only well thought out, but also very articulately written. You know, Shakespeare said "There is nothing new under the sun." and that was a *long* time ago! We've had lots of new things invented since then, and lots of recycling of old things into new uses. I think mankind's capacity for innovation is unlimited. That said, the sheer quantity of copycat garbage on the internet tends to make one cynical. I don't often post 'me too' responses, and won't belabor it here. Just go back and re-read what Steve wrote--I second all of it! Cheri
+0
James Max

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/24/2006 2:11:41 PM
Hello John & Luella, This Is Really Heavy Stuff! Of course, everyone is born as an original with a unique set of assets. But to promote this "Uniqueness" so that the World will take notice, takes Daring, Courage, Trust and Perseverance. And hopefully, the Day will come with a Greeting "A Star Is Born!" - This applies to you, whether you are in business, the arts or academics. Thanks for the invite, maxinvegas ============================================= Your Website Can Make You $100,000 In 4 Short Months Or You Can Kick Us To The Curb And Pay Nothing! What Do You Have To Lose? You Only Lose By Not Acting. Limited Offer. http://goodnewsforall.biz
Free Monetize Adsense Niche Blogs For Affiliate Marketing - http://www.goodnewsforall.com/PLR/AutoIncomeBlog/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!