Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adlandpro Community Cookbook---CAKE RECIPES
5/10/2006 4:17:56 PM
Let's celebrate. Cake is a traditional food for feeding hungry attendees at very special events like weddings, birthdays, etc. They become edible bulletin boards praising, admiring or teasing the honoree. Here at Adland we remember birthday's, anniversaries, etc. with special forums. In this forum we will post our favorite cake recipes. Whether they have frosting, candles, and decorations will not matter...... let's just ENJOY!!!
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Community Cookbook---CAKE RECIPES
5/10/2006 5:15:33 PM
I have a cake mix on hand of good quality. Here are the ingredients in the order of the amount in the mix: Sugar, flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, vegetable oil, shortening, leavening, wheat starch, salt, dextrose, polygycerol esters of fatty acids, yellow carmel color, yellow 5 lake, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cellouse gum, modified cornstarch, natural and artifical flavors, xanthan gum,dextrin,, maltodextrin acetic acid, nonfat dry milk. Need we explain what we are serving our family and guests??? Here's my favorite cake. I think everyone will know what they are eating. APPLE CAKE 1 3/4 CUP SUGAR 3 EGGS 1 CUP VEGETABLE OIL 2 CUPS FLOUR 1 t. SALT 1 t. SODA 1 t. CINNAMON 2 CUPS SLICED TART APPLES 1 CUP NUTMEATS Beat eggs and sugar til creamy. Add oil and beat. Add flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. Add apples and nuts. Pour into 13 x 9 greased and floured pan. Bake 45-50 minutes at 375
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/10/2006 8:15:48 PM
Dark Chocolate Cake 2c. flour 2/3 c. cocoa 1 3/4 c. sugar 2/3 c. shortening 1/3 tsp. salt 1 c. water 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. vanilla 1 3/4 tsp. baking soda 3 eggs Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together first 5 ingredients. Add shortening, water and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes, add eggs, beat 2 minutes. Pour into 13"x9"x2 1/4" greased and floured pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Richmond Chocolate Frosting 1 c. sugar pinch of salt 2 tbsp. cocoa 3 tbsp. cornstarch Mix all ingredients together in a sauce- pan and add 1 cup hot water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add 2 tbsp. margarine and 1 tsp. vanilla. Spread on cake while hot for a glossy frosting, which remains soft and smooth. Mary
+0
5/15/2006 1:25:05 PM
Hello Yummy cake !!! A simple recipe that can be made ahead and stored in the fridge or freezer. This recipe requires Creme de Menthe, it also has a substitute for the ones that don't want too much liqueur. Both ways are yummy! It's great to serve on St. Patrick's Day, why not celebrate with a festive cake! Creme de Menthe Cake 1 chocolate cake mix (white cake mix can also be used) 3 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur 1 (16 ounce) can of chocolate syrup 1 large container of frozen whipped topping, thawed 2 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur Prepare cake mix as directed, add 3 tablespoons Creme de Menthe, (for those that want less Creme de Menthe "substitute with 3 tablespoons of water". Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and bake according to package directions. Remove from the oven while hot; poke holes in cake with fork. Pour chocolate syrup over the top. Refrigerate. After cake has cooled, mix whipped topping with 2 tablespoons of Creme de Menthe and spread on cake. Keep cake refrigerated. This cake freezes well. Enjoy!
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/15/2006 2:30:57 PM
Hi, mary, It seems that chocolate is the favourite cake flavour. Here is another simple chocolate cake recipe 4 eggs, separated Half cup oil (virgin olive is best) Half cup boiling water 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder 1 Cup Flour 1 Cup castor sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder Half teaspoon salt Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat yolks, oil, water and sugar together. Fold in dry ingredients and beat well. Fold in egg whites. Bake at 180c for 25 mins. Ice as desired. Good luck.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!