Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adlandpro Community Cookbook---CAMPING OUT
5/9/2006 6:24:58 PM
A camping chef is unlike anyother kind of cook. Here's a chance to hear from the men who are week-end cooks at the grill and the camp ground. Ideas shared here are "kitchen tested" and come with a guarantee.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Community Cookbook---CAMPING OUT
5/9/2006 8:14:51 PM
This is probably a girlscout or boyscout recipe but we always loved this when camping. HO BO STEW Make hamburger patties as for sandwiches. Lay individual patties on large square of foil. On top lay slices of carrot, potato, and onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Fold and seal the foil. Lay on hot coals or grill til you are hungry or ???. I always have to test the meat for redness. What, you wanted an exact science here? Enjoy
+0
5/9/2006 10:41:30 PM
Hi Mary, Love camp cooking,First the Chicken stew 1 Chicken (minus bones) 3 large sticks of celery chopped 2 large Carrots chopped 4 potatoes cut 1/4's 1 large Onion sliced 2 chicken stock cubes Optional *a little curry & sultanas(yummy) Water to cover,put on grill,thicken with a little cornflour when potatoes soften. Then you need the DAMPER (bread) 3 cups self-raising flour teaspoon of salt 1 1/2 cups of milk Mix with a knife (stress releif..lol) till a dough and leaves the side of the basin place on some flour and knead well.Put into a floured or greased camp oven and placed in coals,should be put in before stew starts! Sit back and watch the fire dance have a few beers,good company, lots of laughs and look for satelites sneaking through the milkyway (the stars not the choclate bar). A camp night with Leanne...lol Thanks Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz http://www.aussie-money-tree.info
+0
5/10/2006 7:36:44 AM
here a real easy camp fire veggie meal. not even i can ruin it. potatoes cut up in quarters onion velveeta cheese carrots cabbage wrap in tin foil and cook over camp fire until done.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/16/2006 6:56:39 PM
STONE SOUP When camping or having an evening around the campfire it is fun to make soup in a huge kettle over the fire. No matter how many people come there is enough for everyone. All persons invited to the outing are asked to bring a cup of vegetables, cut up fresh or canned. (don't forget the can opener). It is nice to assign specifics so that you have a variety, including potatoes, onions, and tomatoes. Everyone pours their contribution into your kettle of broth and cut up meat. Simmer for a couple of hours or as long as you like. Bread of some type and fruit makes a complete meal. If there are children present, you may want to pick up a copy of the delightful story by Marcia Brown "Stone Soup". It tells of a community who thought they had no food til a traveler says he will make stone soup by putting a stone in a pot of boiling water while everyone is to gather all the vegetables they have. A delightful story of working together.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!