Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
MSG - used in Coffee - (read this for sure) please read this. It is startling!!
5/2/2006 8:17:25 PM
Food additive "MSG" is a Slow Poison. Slow Poisoning MSG hides behind 25 or more names, such as "Natural Flavouring". MSG is also in your favourite Tim Horton's and other brand coffee shops! Pass this on to those who still may be unaware or disbelieving of the dangers of MSG. I wondered if there could be an actual chemical causing the massive obesity epidemic, so did a friend of mine, John Erb. He was a research assistant at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada, and spent years working for the government. He made an amazing discovery while going through scientific journals for a book he was writing called "The Slow Poisoning of America". In hundreds of studies around the world, scientists were creating obese mice and rats to use in diet or diabetes test studies. No strain of rat or mice is naturally obese, so the scientists have to create them. They make these morbidly obese creatures by injecting them with MSG when they are first born. The MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates; causing rats (and humans?) to become obese. They even have a title for the fat rodents they create: "MSG-Treated Rats". I was shocked too. I went to my kitchen, checking the cupboards and the fridge. MSG was in everything! The Campbell's soups, the Hostess Doritos, the Lays flavoured potato chips, Top Ramen, Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Heinz canned gravy, Swanson frozen prepared meals, Kraft salad dressings, especially the 'healthy low fat' ones. The items that didn't have MSG marked on the product label had something called ''Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein'', which is just another name for Monosodium Glutamate. It was shocking to see just how many of the foods we feed our children everyday are filled with this stuff. They hide MSG under many different names in order to fool those who carefully read the ingredient list, so they don't catch on. (Other names for MSG: 'Accent' - 'Aginomoto' - 'Natural Meet Tenderizer' etc) But it didn't stop there. When our family went out to eat, we started asking at the restaurants what menu items had MSG. Many employees, even the managers, swore they didn't use MSG. But when we ask for the ingredient list, which they grudgingly provided, sure enough MSG and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein were everywhere. Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, every restaurant, even the sit down ones like TGIF, Chilis', Applebees and Denny's use MSG in abundance. Kentucky Fried Chicken seemed to be the WORST offender: MSG was in every chicken dish, salad dressing and gravy. No wonder I loved to eat that coating on the skin, their secret spice was MSG! So why is MSG in so may of the foods we eat?.. Is it a preservative or a vitamin?? Not according to my friend John. In the book he wrote, an expose of the food additive industry called "The Slow Poisoning of America" he said that MSG is added to food for the addictive effect it has on the human body.
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MSG - used in Coffee - (read this for sure) please read this. It is startling!!
5/2/2006 8:31:45 PM
Hi David, Guess this is a pun but this is "heavy" stuff. We do not like to admit that we are being poisoned. I have eaten some foods that I know have impaired my sleep, caused confusion, and left me feeling the "blahs". Good rule:eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Even this makes me stop and think when I consider how perfect these are in the store....genetically altered? Oh my where does all this lead?
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: MSG - used in Coffee - (read this for sure) please read this. It is startling!!
5/2/2006 10:53:30 PM
One of many reasons my doctor and nutritionist wants me on raw, organic foods, hormone free meats... no sugars or processed foods. Linda
+0
5/4/2006 9:34:44 PM
Hello, I agree! The chemicals in our foods are killing us and not just slowly. Cancer is at an all time high even with all of the funds that they have taken in for research. I am reading "Natural Cures" by Kevin Trudeau. It will definitely make you think about what you eat. Since reading it, I walk into the grocery store and walk out without buying anything. Natural and organic is definitely the way to go. Our farmers market has started here and I will be buying from the organic growers. Look at our children, they live on junk and the food industry wants it that way. We can protest and make a difference. We have had many people use our natural organic juice product and it has drastically changed their lives. One child could not function normally, had to attend special schools and could not even take care of herself or hold a normal conversation. After her mother put on the juice, she could hold a normal conversation and even got her drivers license. Her family, teachers and friends were amazed. Her life was changed in just a few weeks after years and years of seeing doctors, without results. Our bodies are not getting the nutrients that it requires to function normally. I get passionate about it because I watch my grandchildren eat all of the wrong things. I am educating my daughters on what to eat and how the food industry is all about the money. Even when we think we are eating right, the fruits and vegetables are full of chemicals. Read the Natural Cures book and your eyes will be opened. I will just keep drinking my juice and eat less and less. I has also helped me get off almost all of my medication. I will get off all the meds soon! The juice stopped my allergies and my blood pressure is much better too. You can email me if you want to discuss the book. It is awesome and I have been thinking along the same lines as Kevin Trudeau for years. Now it is time I change my eating and life. Myra myra@adlandpro.com
Join to Earn Money! http://www.ad-ventures4u.com?r=59486 ~ See my art here: http://www.yessy.com/myra ~ Digital Frames http://www.frameitdigital.com ~
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/6/2006 3:57:56 AM
Hi David, Thanks for working to get the word out on MSG - it IS poison - in fact a lot of people are allergic to it - some seriously allergic to it, like my mother-in-law. It is quite astonishing that governments still allow products like MSG, Aspartame, and Fluoride into our food. All of them have been proven to cause serious harm, yet we're still being told they're "good for us." MSG causes obesity and many other problems. Aspartame is just plain deadly, is a brain-exciter (one of the few chemicals that crosses the blood-brain barrier) and has also been shown to actually INCREASE appetite and contribute to obesity. It is WIDELY advised as an alternative to sugar to diabetics; it is one of the worst things a diabetic can consume. Fluoride, which is added to our water supply in most western countries, is an unprocessed, industrial waste-product from the pollution scrubbers of the phosphate fertilizer industry. Dumping it into our drinking water and telling us it's good for us is a great way to get rid of it! "Fluoride has been linked in government and scientific reports to a wide range of harmful health effects, including: bone and tooth decay (including dental and skeletal fluorosis, bone pathology, arthritis, and osteoporosis) Alzheimer's, memory loss and other neurological impairment, kidney damage, cancer, genetic damage, and gastrointestinal problems. In addition, fluoride has been found to leach lead from old water pipes and soldering material, which has resulted in increased lead levels in people." http://www.zerowasteamerica.org/Fluoride.htm http://www.fluoridealert.org/ Note that I am 46 years old, was raised on untreated well water, have excellent teeth with NO fillings, and have all my teeth except my wisdom teeth which were impacted and had to be removed. Everyone I know who has been raised on fluoridated water has at least some measure of dental trouble. Perhaps it's the fluoride? Keep up the great work you're doing, David, and remember that each person you tell has more of a chance at a healthy life than before. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!