Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The Ultimate Advantage - Does this surprise you?
4/27/2006 8:28:16 PM
Jacques Werth, author of "High Probability Selling," did a study to discover the top reasons that people buy from a particular person or saleperson. If you're among the folks that think price will *make or break you,* the results might surprise you. Weighted Values* of Buying Decision Factors, in Order of Importance: 1. Level of Trust in the Salesperson: 87% 2. Level of Respect for the Salesperson: 82% 3. Reputation of the Company or Product: 76% 4. Features of the Product or Service: 71% 5. Quality and Service: 58% 6. Price: 16% *NOTE: Weight = percentage of people listing each factor in their top 5. Only 16% of people put price in the top 5. So, what do you think? Surprised? Yes? No? Why? And what's really "the ultimate advantage?" : ) L
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Ultimate Advantage - Does this surprise you?
4/27/2006 10:44:26 PM
Interesting statistics but I don't really find them all that surprising. At least when it comes to traditional salespeople. It would be interesting to see a comparison in in terms of the Weighted Values of Buying Decision Factors as it relates to online selling where the Salesperson is seldom seen or heard from.
+0
4/28/2006 1:46:22 PM
I can agree with that. I used to sell cars years and years ago (One of my first selling positions) and the family absolutely loved me (The kids mostly thought I was the coolest salesperson they ever met). I ended up selling these people a Suburban which is no inexpensive vehicle. I fell asleep in the back seat during the test drive and woke up to one of the kids shaking me saying "Mike! MIKE! My mom and dad said they'd buy it!". I'd build such a solid rapport with them in the beginning that the fact that I fell asleep in the back seat during a test drive did not matter. Nor did the asking price which I hadn't yet mentioned; something to the tune of 40K+. ;) When my commission check came I made sure to send the family a thank you card and some toy cars for the kids saying "When you guys get older, you make sure you come back for the real thing". My sales manager got a shining review of me from these people. Price doesn't matter. Period. Oh, by the way, PERMISSION TO YOINK THIS ARTICLE FOR THE DIGEST MA'AM? *SALUTE* Have a terrific day! Michael - Adlandpro Customer Support
+0
4/28/2006 1:48:13 PM
Oh, and just to follow up on the "Ultimate Advantage"... My submitted answer would be "YOURSELF". You are unique in the sales presentation. There are other competing products usually, other companies, other salespeoeple. The key is to demonstrate to your customers or visitors why they should deal with YOU specificially. Once you have that foundation built, the rest is smooth sailing. Michael
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/1/2006 8:55:11 PM
Linda, I refer to your list: ================== Weighted Values* of Buying Decision Factors, in Order of Importance: 1. Level of Trust in the Salesperson: 87% 2. Level of Respect for the Salesperson: 82% 3. Reputation of the Company or Product: 76% 4. Features of the Product or Service: 71% 5. Quality and Service: 58% 6. Price: 16% =================== When you take #1 out of the equation it doesn't leave much to work with does it? Usually price, at the oppostite end of the scale, is the "excuse" used. "I can't afford it" can be translated as "I can't afford to deal with you." Salespeople who sell themselves first usually get the sale. And you can do that by being friendly, honest and knowledgeable. Pretty simple really but a lot of salespeople just don't get it. Gary
+0