Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Warning!! of a Nasty so called Virus Protection program
4/20/2006 9:15:27 AM
Thank you for the notification. It was a little late for me though as I found it when I did a deep clean the other day. I have run a couple deep cleans since then and haven't found it again so I believe it to be gone but, I will berunning the deep cleean at least twice a week to make sure it stays gone. Thanks again, Normpoll
+0
4/20/2006 2:38:21 PM
Hi Norman. If you have been infected once, you will again. Deep Cleaning is OK to a point, but it hides itself well. A systematic search file by file is what it took to get out all of the hidden files of this persistent program. It seems to split itself then hide in many different types of files. I tried deep cleaning when I first encountered it, but it came back a few days later, I then investigated online & found many forums talking about this pest. It re-appeared three times before I took on the long, long, long pain-staking task of searching through every folder, file & program on our system to find every part of this virus. Hope you are succesful Norman, but watch out. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas.
+0
4/21/2006 8:21:03 AM
Hello Anthony, Thanks for the heads up! Have a good weekend.. Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz
+0
7/22/2006 5:05:15 AM

Hi Paul

Thanks for warning everyone I have come accross this program on my own computer some time ago before I installed a firewall.

If anyone want to protect their computer from programs such as Winfixer or similar I suggest to get a good firewall.

I use PC Cillin 2006 it also protects your incoming email.

For more information see

http://www.aselectchoice.com.au/Gm/asctools.html

Regards Michael

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!