Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Warning!! of a Nasty so called Virus Protection program
4/18/2006 3:51:41 PM
Hello Everyone. Have you been getting lots of popups & popunders lately, is your PC not doing what you want it too? Here is a virus threat warning about a program that pretends to be a Virus killer. Below is the offical warning from reputable spyware/virus cleaner programs when this virus program is encountered in your PC. WinFixer is a fake computer cleaner that may install itself without user permission or knowledge. This program may display extremly annoying popup and/or popunder advertisments. WinFixer will also show the user false system threats and constantly prompt the user to purchase the full version of the fake program. Not a good idea to buy as you will be scammed. Do not download this program for 'free virus scan' as once loaded, it's very, very hard to get rid of the invasive program once it gets into your system. This type of program is able to install itself without your knowledge, just by your normal computer activity's & through surfing the web and clicking on websites that have nothing to do with WinFixer but which are infected by it, as the virus program spreads through the majority of systems fast. Possibly able to be passed by email also &/or through other peoples email/ISP provider's. If you do not know how to delete these type of virus programs, get professional help as it hides itself in many different files and folders throughout your system. Generic name WinFixer, also appears as WinFixer 2005/WinFixer 2006 Virus Protection. Extremly annoying virus program prentending to be a virus killer program. System Threat Level; High, Con/Scam level; High....... Ease of removing Threat; Difficult Solution; If you do not have the knowledge to rid your system of these type of programs, get professional assistance. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Paul Davey

488 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Warning!! of a Nasty so called Virus Protection program
4/18/2006 3:55:52 PM
Hi, thanks for the warning. Paul aka soldier blue
PAUL DAVEY aka Soldier Blue This is What all Clever Adlanders are doing now. You need to take a serious look at this.. We provide traders a simple, easy to follow binary option signal service that can be used with Nadex FREE TRAINING for the novice, easy to follow methods for winning trading binary options. So if you are learning trading or just want a reliable source of signals check us out.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2006 4:02:50 PM
Thanks for the info Anthony. I use McAffe, Ad-Aware and spybot. Thank goodness....I don't have trouble with popups or popunders. I very rarely open emails that have attachments. Have too much riding on keeping my computer safe to mess around with jokes or cute pictures that friends send in attachments!!! Take care, Pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
4/18/2006 4:03:48 PM
Hello Anthony and thanks for the heads-up again! Bill
Get Your Free $100 Bonus - No Investment Required
http://team24k.com/instant-$100-USD
http://team24k.com/prelaunch

+0
4/18/2006 4:04:31 PM
Hello, Anthony! I encountered that very same nasty thing and as a result of surfing. I never gave permission for the download, yet there it was. Three days and much aggravation later, I finally got it removed. No one should attempt to do this on their own if they are not experienced or knoweledgable. The WinFixer attatches itself to a couple of system processes in the system32 folder and makes itself nearly impossible to purge. Deleting or uninstalling the program is not enough, it just reinstalls at the next restart. The anti-spy or ad ware programs do not recognize these types of programs, either. Thanks for the warning, others need to be aware and before the chaos is unleashed on their computers. Kate
Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!