Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Information Underload... maybe the biggest problem entrepreneurs have.
4/8/2006 11:20:37 AM
Hi: I just read an interview with Bill Gates. He made a very interesting comment. It's this; Staying focused is one issue; that's the problem of information overload. The other problem is information underload. Being flooded with information doesn't mean we have the right information or that we're in touch with the right people. [Bill Gates/CNN Money] Is that ever a statement and a half. I've been working with small business owners online for 11 years. (since 1995) I'd have to agree with Bill G on this one. Most people have lots of information... not much of it being the right information. They have lots of "friends" (ie; communities) but perhaps not so many that can really help them get things on track (businesswise). Food for thought? Your thoughts? Do you feel you've ever suffered from "information underload? Why do you think this scenario exists? : ) L
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Information Underload... maybe the biggest problem entrepreneurs have.
4/8/2006 12:36:44 PM
Most definitely, First of all, people have to "find what works for them". When I first started studying affiliate marketing I found all sorts of marketing techniques. Who's to know what will work? Everyone has their own technique to market. There are gurus in adwords, ebay, web desing and product marketing, email marketing etc. I did not have the patience for adwords or ebay or handling products daily. I thought I would enjoy James Martells' affiliate marketing techniques. (Publishing infromation websites). This is where you build an information website geared toward a specific niche. (small-targeted) (Optimized) incorporate affiliate links and adsense and lots of articles! Then, move on to the next. Some bring in lots of revenue some less. It does work but you have to enjoy researching and writing...A LOT! Not my cup of tea! (however, I do recommend him for someone who thinks they would enjoy that technique) The important thing is to not just follow everyones advice. Pick one educated individual "like Linda". And unsubscribe from all other newsletters that you are recieving. That's the only way to remain focused and succeed in any marketing arena. Just my opinion, Angela
Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/8/2006 2:19:38 PM
Hi Linda, Absolutely!! When I first started I had more information than I knew what to do with, but none of it really was helping me do what I wanted to do. After a while it can be very confusing. You start to listen to people who keep telling you how to make things easier. Safelists come to mind, everyone was trying to get me to join, but I never could understand how that would help my kind of business. I didn't have an opportunity, I had actual products that I was selling. Thankfully, I met Linda, and have been listening to her ever since. So far she is the only person who really makes any sense to me. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
4/8/2006 2:47:52 PM
I think this is so true. I am just start a homebusines and have a degree in Business, but some things that get confusing in the internet. So many things that say they can help, but you don't get a clear picture on how it works or if its right for your business. So what I do is focus on what has worked and during down time (a small break). I take the site that I think might work and add to favorites, then during a time I can read a get informed I will look at one or two. If I still think they may work, but still a little unsure I'll put them in a folder. If I see they won't work I just delete out of my favorites. The focus back on what I have been doing. This seem to help because too much info will be an overload. Plus the first 20 min. of the hour is your most productive time, so I don't want to wait that time.
+0
4/8/2006 2:57:20 PM
Linda I have to agree with you and Bill Gates on this on. As well as the people that have post a reply here. "or that we're in touch with the right people." Which is the key to success and the information we all need what ever niche market we are in." The biggest problem I see is finding those people. or even going about knowing where to start looking. As one of the ladies here said you can get so much information it becomes confusing who to listen to. Most of the information that is out there where it is free or sold is junk! It does not help the people that is reading it. A lot of programs I have seen you can make money if if you are willing to lie, cheat, and steal from othere. I guess that is why I never did well in those programs. I can't sleep at night if I know I signed you up in something knowing you will probely lose money in it. But then That is me. Main what we need is information about our chosen field and the customers that is out there. It is out there but the normal way of getting it is very expencive and out of the reach of most home business owners. Profiling our customer is the first step after we have decided on the service or product we wish to market. This is not taught for free and it is not taught in most schools. Hiring a reseach company to do this is something we can not afford to do either. So, for the most part we try to shot gun our products out before everyone. The more people that see it the more people that will buy. NOT! It come back to your statement! Getting intouch with the right people! Sorry I don't have the answer to this, if I did CNN would be interviewing me. God Bless Johnny
+0