Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Where Do You Start When You're Starting Late?
4/6/2006 10:04:08 PM
Hi Cheri, Thank you for the invitation to your forum. I appreciate very much all the messages of members who posted in this forum - there has been some great advice. Thanks everyone for sharing. Kind regards Amanda Martin-Shaver
+0
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/6/2006 11:21:18 PM
Even better yet, why wait until something happens at your J.O.B. (Just Over Broke), start NOW!!! Work from home now and build the ongoing residual income for your family's security! Trying to save in today's world is simply a miracle. Pay cuts, gas prices going besserk, cost of living going up way faster than wages, start NOW! www.switchtosuccess.com/scubapro48 My Best! Tom :o)
Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/7/2006 12:20:57 AM
Cheri, Since I retired two years ago I have had to cut back on spending because my income was cut in half. My daughter-in-law and I go to the Salvation Army store and Goodwill to shop for clothing, books,and toys for the kids. My son and daughter-in-law don't have any extra money but their kids don't realize they are poor because they have nice clothes, toys, games, and their own TV's. If you shop around at thrift stores regularly you can get good bargains. Although I don't get going early enough in the mornings to get to garage sales, those are good places to shop also. Another way to reduce spending is to purchase items on ebay. I sell my used name-brand clothing at rock-bottom prices. You can get really good bargains from some of the sellers who are cleaning out their closets like I do. Just some tips to get people thinking! DonnaZ
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/7/2006 4:49:35 PM
Tom, Nowhere would I advocate waiting until something happens to your job (I use the same words to describe those) before you start to save. And most of the people who are here have already started working from home to build a residual income. There's a lot of controversy over whether to get out of debt before saving, saving before getting out of debt, doing either or both before starting a business. For anyone getting ready to leave a job for the business world, I strongly believe in the advice I posted here. It's also a good idea for anyone who has no intention of leaving the job, and just trying to make some extra income to help with finances or get out of debt. You never know when the job is going to leave you in today's climate. Almost anyone can save, even in today's world, by adjusting their attitudes about wants and needs. I don't think there are any miracles about it. Anyone who has been with me for a while in my forum knows that I've been down the debt road, doan the loss of income road, and down the living on one income with four kids road. If I can do it, so can anyone else who has a desire to. Of course I agree that building your own business (preferably with a residual income) is one of the best, if not THE best way to control your own destiny. Thanks for your post. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/7/2006 4:59:20 PM
Hi, Donna Thank you for those tips, which are good ones. I used those strategies myself when I was raising my kids. About the time the last two, my twins, graduated from high school, I wrote up all my strategies and called it "50 Tips to Tame Your Spending". In my spare time (lol), I'm working on updating that to produce as an ebook for the subscribers to my newsletter. Let me know if you'd like a copy. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!