Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
"Anatomy of a Good Opportunity"
4/1/2006 1:19:52 PM
Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a great weekend. We hope to, as Pam, feels able and strong enough to want to go out today, so we will be attending the Western States Native American Three day Festival of Arts, Crafts, Songs & Dancing here in Henderson Nevada. As Pam is a Quarter (or 25%, how ever you look at things) Cherokee, I'm sure she will enjoy the outing. Anyway, the point of the forum Thread today is how to judge when a Business opportunity is 'good' So, whilst looking for something totally different, I came across this piece written by an aquaintance of mine who has written what is such a common sense piece, that I think needs to be shared by you all. --------------------------------------------- "Anatomy of a Good Opportunity" Follow this Six Point Checklist to Find the Diamonds in the Ruff I've spent countless hours looking at sooo many different opportunities online, for myself and people just like you. I realized that 75% of the time I was spending was an absolute waste because I didn't have a simple, solid list of criteria to judge any opportunity by. Simple enough right? Just make a list of the best attributes of every program that I've used or seen others use with success and make a little checklist to go buy. So, out come the notes I've taken for the last few years and we cross-reference them all and find the most important bits from them all. Here goes: 1) Full Training and Support: This is the most important aspect of any business system. There must be a phone number to call if you need personal help and an email address that gets answered. The company must be responsive to your support requests. The training system must be 100% complete with lifetime upgrades at no additional charge. I want the training system to show me everything, and I mean everything I need to know to make as much money as possible and I want it to be easy to follow and in a format that's stupid simple. 2) Little or No Prior Experience Needed: In order for anyone to be successful with a program there cannot be a requirement of prior experience. Hey, if I wanted experience I would have finished college way back when and got a job working in an office for 10 years. I want to make money. How can you be successful with no experience? It's all about the training and support as I said before. Just like those paint-by-numbers kits you did as a kid, just follow the directions. 3) Marketability: This is very simply, if the program involves selling a product, will people buy it? How do you know what people are buying? Well, it's quite simple. If the business has been running for a while then people are still buying the product. If it's a newer product you'll have to go by your instincts a little more. If you buy something and feel good about it then the chances are damn high that there will be a lot more people that will feel just as good as you did about buying it. Competition is not bad, it means that you are in a viable market and you'll just have to learn to be good at selling your product. Again this ties back to the training which will teach you to be good. There are many viable businesses in which you don't have to sell anything. In these cases you will be working some other type of system to generate money and won't have to worry about marketing, but the other criteria still apply. 4) Company History: You should always make sure that the company you are working with has been in business for at least 2 years. I tell most people to avoid "pre-launch" opportunities like the plague simply because if you are going to invest your money you'd better make sure the thing has been working for a lot of people for a good amount of time. This is proof that it will work for you. How do you find this info out? You pick up the phone or write an email to the owner and ask him/her. Don't rely on the BBBonline or online forums to make your decision. Those forums are usually chalk full of whiners who quit everything without even giving it a chance to work for them. Always go to the source and talk to the guy or gal in charge. 5) Income Potential: Real easy, can you make money? The fact is that there are a lot of businesses out there that will make you a few hundred bucks a month if you work them hard, but who wants to make a few hundred bucks a month? I don't even consider a business unless it will allow me to make at least $5000 a month within the first six months. Hey, I'm not in business for myself to be broke, are you? So, make sure that you can actually make serious money with the business. Look at the compensation plan or the projected earning potential and ask someone who's already doing it how much they're making. 6) A Complete System: Alright, the final point I'll cover here is the most important. Does the business or program have a complete system? What does that mean? It means that once you purchase the system you can just sit down, follow the directions, do what you're told to do and make money. See, I'm not interested in figuring everything out. I start businesses to make money and you should to. If you want to learn, go to the library. If you want to make money find a business with a complete system that has everything you need in one place and then get to work. That's pretty much it, pretty simple right? Those are the criteria that I use to judge every business I look at and if I can say "yes" to all six then I have a winner and I get going with it. I'd say that 90% of the time I've been dead on judging businesses, after I learned how to do it of course. Meaning 90% of the businesses I start make me money. What does that mean for you? Well, it took me a few years to figure out how to peg the winners, learn how to talk to all the business owners to find out if they are above board, and make enough connections that I can just pick up the phone and call a friend and ask, "Hey Brad, do you know anyone using (insert random business)? Oh, you do. How's he doing?" These connections and friends are huge time savers for me. Now you can save yourself a load of time by leveraging my time, experience and connections. And as we all know, Time is Money. So, the next time you come across an opportunity that piques your interest and you find yourself asking "is this the one?" Think about what you've learned here and if you can ask someone you trust about it. Then make a decision and get to work. One thing I see holding back many, many people is an inability to take action. And you won't get anywhere if you don't at least get started. Sure, you'll fail from time to time. Sure, you'll lose money and feel like an idiot, but don't let that discourage you. It happens to everyone. Most people don't like to talk about it, but it does happen. I sure know I've had my far share of failures, embarrassments and close shaves, but you get over it and move on. --------------------------------------------- As I said at the begining of this, why bother changing or trying to write something different, This piece just about says it all. Have a great weekend, we hope to be having a good one. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Trina Sonnenberg

784 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: "Anatomy of a Good Opportunity"
4/1/2006 2:45:42 PM
Awesome post Anthony! You are right on the proverbial money, with that one. I couldn't agree more. I recently became a part of an awesome opportunity that offers all of those things and more. Have an awesome day! Trina http://trinasonnenberg.freelife.com/Redir.cfm?page=/info/makemoney/makemoneyhome.cfm
Trina L.C. Sonnenberg Freelance Commercial Writer TLC Promotions & The Trii-Zine Ezine ISSN 1555-2276 http://www.tlcpromotions.net http://trii-zine.com http://FAA.tlcpromotions.net
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2006 3:14:12 PM
Hi Anthony, Thank you for the invitation and wonderful information contained here. I agree with what you say. Thanks for sharing. Kind regards Amanda Martin-Shaver
+0
Sarka Ksandrova

827 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/1/2006 6:17:39 PM
Hi Anthony! Thats nice writen. I have make me just some expiriens by Bogdan Blue Success Workschop. Have me there musch learn and thats what you wright is riht. I ahve take me new busines that have all your criteria here. http://mynetmarketingcenter.com/r/sub/saksa/ Have good marketing centr and give me all what i need. I start concentrate me now only for thats business. Success! Sarka
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/1/2006 6:28:31 PM
Hi Anthony, You are sooooo very right! I have found all of that. Anyone that would like info Let me know. This is an exciting new technology that is going to take the internet by storm. The company is 6 years old. But still young. Constantly improving. And that is another point to look for. By the way Anthony. You can walk into a "brick and mortar" building in your home town and check it out first hand. Good luck, Angela
Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!