Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Dumb Laws - Alabama
3/30/2006 3:33:51 AM
Greetings to all of you my friends! I started this some time ago, but I didn't have time enoght to continue. I war asking myself how to go ahead, and I decided to Start with USA because you are the most here on Adland! But it has nothing to worry the "rest of the Warld" either, because there are planty of them for everyone :-D So, I'll go ahead alphabeticaly! It worth to read for entertainment! Bear wrestling matches are prohibited. Full text of the Law Section 13A-12-5 Unlawful bear exploitation; penalties. (a) A person commits the offense of unlawful bear exploitation if he or she knowingly does any one of the following: (1) Promotes, engages in, or is employed at a bear wrestling match. (2) Receives money for the admission of another person to a place kept for bear wrestling. (3) Sells, purchases, possesses, or trains a bear for bear wrestling. (4) For purposes of exploitation, subjects a bear to surgical alteration in any form, including, but not limited to, declawing, tooth removal, and severing tendons. (b) Unlawful bear exploitation is a Class B felony and is punishable as provided by law. (c) Upon the arrest of any person for violating this section, the arresting law enforcement officer, conservation officer, or animal control officer shall have authority to seize and take custody of any bear in the possession of the arrested person. (d) Upon the conviction of any person for violating the provisions of this section, any court of competent jurisdiction shall have authority to order the forfeiture by the convicted person of any bear, the use of which was the basis of the conviction. Any bears ordered forfeited under this section shall be placed in the custody of a humane shelter, a society that is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals, or the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. (e) In addition to the fines, penalties, and forfeitures imposed under this section, the court may require the defendant to make restitution to the state, any of its political subdivisions, or a humane shelter or a society that is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals for housing, feeding, or providing medical treatment to bears used for unlawful wrestling. (Acts 1996, No. 96-468, p. 581, §1.) Explanation Bear wrestling, many years ago, was a crude form of entertainment that had to be delt with. It not only subjected bears to harsh conditions, but also risked the bears' lives as well. But Today?! Is so very funny! :-) Dominoes may not be played on Sunday. Full text of the Law Section 13A-12-1 Certain acts prohibited on Sunday. Any person who compels his child, apprentice or servant to perform any labor on Sunday, except the customary domestic duties of daily necessity or comfort, or works of charity or who engages in shooting, hunting, gaming, card playing or racing on that day, or who, being a merchant or shopkeeper, druggist excepted, keeps open store on Sunday, shall be fined not less than $10.00 nor more than $100.00, and may also be imprisoned in the county jail, or sentenced to hard labor for the county, for not more than three months. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to the operation of railroads, airlines, bus lines, communications, public utilities or steamboats or other vessels navigating the waters of this state, or to any manufacturing establishment which is required to be kept in constant operation, or to the sale of gasoline or other motor fuels or motor oils. Nor shall this section prohibit the sale of newspapers, or the operation of newsstands, or automobile repair shops, florist shops, fruit stands, ice cream shops or parlors, lunch stands or restaurants, delicatessens or plants engaged in the manufacture or sale of ice; provided, that such business establishments are not operated in conjunction with some other kind or type of business which is prohibited by this section. It shall also be lawful to engage in motorcycle and automobile racing on Sunday, whether admission is charged or not; except, that this proviso shall not be construed to prevent any municipality from passing ordinances prohibiting such racing on Sunday. (Code 1852, �73; Code 1867, .....) It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church. Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death. Boogers may not be flicked into the wind. It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile. You must have windshield wipers on your car. You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time. Masks may not be worn in public. Hope you had a great time here! Wish you a very good day!
+0
Re: Dumb Laws - Alabama
3/30/2006 4:03:53 AM
Dear Ana Maria, That was a close one, then! I once walked into a Church in Alabama with a fake moustache on flicking boogers into the wind with an ice-cream cone in my back pocket. No one could tell it was me, though, because of my mask! (And if you couldn't tell, I am just kidding. Interesting laws!) Thanks,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
3/30/2006 4:10:33 AM
Hmmm, Still figure out the gag.
Thanks for the Forum. Nice to see you again Philip Low c.m.o. http://www.newmakemoneyguide.com My Cabby Career http://www.asiahomebusiness.com/cabby572
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2006 4:38:19 AM
Hello Shannon :-D I'm doing my best to imagine how did you (would) look like! LOL Thanks for making me laugh!
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2006 4:39:47 AM
Hello Phillip! These Laws are still there "in force"! That is the most funny with them. At least for me :-)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!