Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Are you ready for the 33rd edition of the POTW?!
3/5/2006 1:39:02 PM
*************************************************************** *************************************************************** Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ****************************************************************** This week’s POTW is one of the most pleasant persons you can meet at AdlandPro her name is Ashley Elias. If you have ever had the opportunity to speak with her you know then that she has a very sweet spirit about her. She is very Bubbly and Funny. She has a heart the size of Australia. Yes, our friend is from Australia and she has that charming accent that tends to capture our attention. Congratulations Ashley on winning the POTW award, we love you “Kookuroo”! ****************************************************************** Here’s Ashley’s Bio: To my Great friends, This is a wonderful Honor for me to share amongst all other great Adlanders, who have experienced this achievement. I "Thank" all of my friends who have made this Honor possibility for me, I learned very quickly how to build relationships here in Adland community, through my very good Friend and Mentor, Dr David King, I believe I most probably would not be here know if it had not been for his coaching and mentoring,"Thankyou" David, I have appreciated and still do, all that you have taught me! Today is also my Birthday! 7th March 1960 My Bio will be quiet short and hopefully to the point, as I have not given myself enough time to recreate my life story...Please bare with me! I am the youngest of ten children being a twin of a sister, who is two hrs older than I, there was seven girls and three boys, aging a 18yr gap between my oldest sibling. We were all Born in a country town in Grafton NSW Australia, when I was four, my parents Reg and Nadia decided it would be best for the family to move to a City so us children could achieve better opportunities in the way of work and schooling. My father was a meat inspector and my mother stayed home and looked after the home and family, with the help of my older brother and sisters. I have eighteen nieces and nephews and seven Great nieces and nephews! My twin Tina and I grew up and went to school in Brisbane, I left school in year ten and took on a Hairdressing apprenticeship, I did hairdressing for fourteen yrs at which I did not really enjoy doing, I believe I did hairdressing for my mother, as I did not relise this back then, I chose to please her without really knowing what I felt, I wanted to do, I was just sixteen yrs old. When I was 20yrs I met my first love, and he and I got married when I was twenty four, we were very happy and I enjoyed having and running my home, we both worked and he was wonderful to live with, we shared everything and enjoyed our time together! He use to sing me love songs and we would always leave little notes of love or thankyou's in hidy holes around the house or under each others pillow's, we would always entertain ourselves with silly funny games, we could talk to each other about anything at all and it was not unusual for us to yatter away until Sunrise...Yes, we did do this for three and a half yrs, I will always remember my first love! My Husband died tragically on his own, coming home from his sister's house where he had just popped in to say hello, coming back home he somehow crashed into a Hugh fork tree, outside a crematorium near our home. He died from severe head injuries and there had been no traces of alcohol, not even any tire skid marks to be seen! Its was a mystery! I decided after a short while to pack up and move to the Gold Coast an hour south of Brisbane to live with one of my older sister's for awhile. I soon started a new life and met new friends and in time became happy again, it was quiet different to my past life, I was totally single and just danced the nights away...LOL After three yrs went by I met a guy who was on holidays on the Gold coast from Sydney NSW about a twelve hour drive away. I had never been to Sydney so my girlfriend and I packed up and decided to go down and live for about six mths. We shared a Unit and found work within a week of arriving in a restaurant on the harbor in the city of Sydney, we were both doing waitoring. The guy I met back home who was on holidays his name was Ray and he was ten yrs younger than me, at the beginning I did not know this and was quiet surprised as time went on, when he shared with me his real age. We were together for two yrs and we decided to mutually separate, and remained friends. My girlfriend went back to the Gold Coast and I remained in Sydney, as I had a good job and I joined a sports club and played Women's Rugby League for three yrs, I enjoyed this sport and played quiet well for a little Hooker who copped a beating in the scrum...LOL We end up representing Australia and use to play games before the big boys around OZ. In 1994 I finished playing League and met a man who I had a long term relationship with and who is the father of my Beautiful son, Joshua! We ended our relationship mutually again...I have been lucky..LOL when I was seven months pregnant. I decided to go back home to the Gold coast and live and to bring Joshua up on my own, with some financial support from his father each week! When Joshua was three yrs old I decided to move to the Sunshine Coast an hour north of Brisbane, it was much less quieter, the Gold coast is a beautiful place, it has grown a great deal very much like Hawaii I have been told, a real tourist destination. We lived in a beach side suburb called Buddina and within walking distance to the beach, we were quiet happy and everything was so central for me. After two and a half years..LOL..yes, we moved again, for a change from the beach to the Country, we moved to the Sunshine coast Hinterland a small town called "Beerwah" where the great silly "Steve Irwin" lives and has his Australia Zoo, we are about five mins down the road from him and his Crocodiles! "The Aussie Crocodile Dundee" A real Tourist attraction, its a great zoo, he has done very very well! We have been in Beerwah now for 12mths and are very happy, we are surrounded by what we call the Glasshouse mountains and are only twenty five mins away from the Beach, I suppose you could say, we have the best of both worlds, We are Blessed! I hope you have enjoyed my short life story, and if you have not been Nominated yet, we will have to do something about this, cos, I wont you to experience this Joy and meet lots of wonderful friends along the way! I "Thankyou" you all so much for giving me this great opportunity and for all of your wonderful support! My warmest regards and lots of love, Ashley [Kookuroo] xoxo ****************************************************************** As you can see from reading her Bio she’s a darling of a lady. If Ashley isn’t on your friends list take the time to invite her to be your friend, you will be blessed by her charming personality if you do. Ashley, enjoy your week as Queen of AdlandPro! Love and blessing to all of you from, John Sanchez and LaNell *************************************************************** *************************************************************** My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador
+0
Re: Are you ready for the 33rd edition of the POTW?!
3/5/2006 1:44:43 PM
. Thank you John and LaNell for your great. ;-)
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2006 2:01:14 PM
*************************************************************** *************************************************************** Hi Sweetie! ;-) The intro and bio on Ashley looks great! 8) Queen Ashley will reign this week and will rule the community. You deserve this POTW honor! :-) We love you! *************************************************************** ***************************************************************
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2006 2:04:56 PM
A BIG CONGRATS to Ashley, (Kookuroo)! Have a fun week and I know it won't make you conceited to be a POTW, you are a really sweet person!Keep the roller skates handy too,you will need them God bless! Luv ya, Carla
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Michael Rogers

760 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/5/2006 2:06:48 PM
Hello John, Congratulation's Ashley ! You have been nothing less than a sweetheart of a friend here to Adland, and I am honored to be your friend. Enjoy your week in the Spotlight Ashley ! respectfully,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!