Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Please Help Lola Vanslette's Family
2/25/2006 1:36:59 PM
Greetings everyone. I just received an email from Lola with some updated information on what you can do to help. The Vanslette family needs your prayers and help. Many of you already know that Lola Vanslette's 12 year old son, Stephen, was hit by a car last Friday night and very seriously injured. It's going to take a long, long time to heal, and it will be a great expense to the family. He requires a tremendous amount of ongoing medical attention including surgery, reconstructive surgery and therapy. It is very good to pray for them, and that should be done before anything else, but it is also important to demonstrate our faith by our works - in this case by doing whatever we can to help them financially. Donations can be made directly to the family via Paypal. Here is part of a note I just received from Lola: --------------------------------------------------------------- If anyone wants to donate, they have been sending payment directly to me through Paypal. My (Paypal) email address is the same as this. lolavanslette@yahoo.com . The money will be kept there to use as we need it, as I have a debit card for Paypal that I can access anytime I need to. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Go there now and see what you can do. Here is the information that Lola has sent about Stephen's condition: ------------------------------------------------------------------- I just want to let everyone know I appreciate your prayers, and I wish I could print them all out for Stephen to read later. He is still being kept fairly sedated to keep him from hurting himself more, but he is aware enough to squeeze my hand when I am with him. His legs have been set and he has plates, bolts and pins holding them together. He will have full leg casts for some time. His jaws will be repaired and wired next week. His lung was reinflated and his ribs will have to heal themselves, as will the hairline fracture in his pelvic bone which goes from one hip to the other. He finally moved his right arm today, and is more active, so they had to increase his medication so he will rest. He is still on a respirator and feeding tube. All we are waiting to find out the extent of the damage to his brain. It is bruised pretty badly and has had small fissures which caused blood to pool in areas of the brain, but I was told these are minor. His pupils dialate so we are hoping everything else is okay. I will keep you informed as to his progress. Thanks for all your prayers, they are working. ----------------------------------------------------------------- 02-22-06 Stephen is responding to my voice, and squeezed my hand yesterday. He finally moved his right arm, which is a good indication of the brain function. He is still being kept pretty sedated because he gets too excited or panicky and tries to remove the feeding and respiratory tubes. He can move all his toes and circulation is doing well in all extremities. His surgery for his jaws will be next week, and that is also when he will begin his "possibly 3-year" therapy to walk again, if he can. The surgery on his legs took 5 1/2 hours to complete, but he came through very well, according to the surgeon. Now all we can do is wait to see about his brain functions, as his brain was pretty bruised. He was hit at his knee level (he is about 5'6"), at about 60 miles per hour, which was what broke his legs, and thrown over the car and landed on his chin, which is what broke his jawbones, ribs, pelvic bone, collapsed his lung and knocked out his teeth. He landed about 10 feet behind the car that hit him. It is a mess, he is in alot of pain, and it will take alot of years and money to put him to rights. We may even have to move to a handicap accessible home, which ours isn't. His brother is in therapy, in school as well as at Pathways to help him cope with what he witnessed. I want to thank everyone here for your prayers, they are working. And thanks for being my friend. I'll say goodnight for now, and I'll keep you informed. Your friend, Lola ---------------------------------------------------------------- God bless, Dave
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Please Help Lola Vanslette's Family
2/25/2006 4:18:40 PM
Hi Dave, Thanks for the update on Stephen. I know this is a very painful time for Lola as well. I hope she can get some help from our members. I will continue to pray for Stephen and his family. Peace, Leon
+0
2/25/2006 7:23:25 PM
Dear Dave, Thank you, I too received several emails from Lola the other day, and I posted a new thread for her, too. I have donated all I can, which is $1.00. I know this doesn't seem like much, but if we all did at least that, think of what a help that would be! I wish I could do more, but I am simply unable. So I will keep everyone informed, and try to help in other ways. Thank you for keeping us informed as well. Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2006 7:25:19 PM
Hi Shannon, Every dollar counts! Imagine if everyone in the Adlandpro community put in $1.00! That would be great. God bless, Dave
+0
Pat
Pat Lesaux

300 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/25/2006 7:42:53 PM
Hi dave , I will help pray for Lola's son.
Do you have a buddy or perhaps you need a buddy, sign-up here and join us at Bring Your Buddy. http://bringyourbuddy.net/?id=60149
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!