Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Chapter 9 Persistence
12/31/2017 5:28:01 PM
Think and Grow Rich, Chapter 9: Persistence.
PERSISTENCE: THE SUSTAINED EFFORT NECESSARY TO INDUCE FAITH
The Eighth Step toward Riches
Read Think & Grow Rich Here
Hill writes:
"Will-power and desire, when properly combined, make an irresistible pair. Men who accumulate great fortunes are generally known as cold-blooded, and sometimes ruthless. Often they are misunderstood. What they have is willpower, which they mix with persistence, and place back of their desires to insure the attainment of their objectives."

Persistence is one of the key elements that makes for success. I as I read this chapter, I am noting that will power is equated with Persistence and is a torce of internal fortitude as is Desire. In fact all the componets of success is never found without you, it is deeply entrenced in you. these keys are ll tools of success and how you use them, fully enguage them and vuild them up or let them lie rusting and deterorating from lack of use, will detemine your level of success.

Hill further writes:
"The majority of people are ready to throw their aims and purposes overboard, and give up at the first sign of opposition or misfortune. A few carry on DESPITE all opposition, until they attain their goal. These few are the Fords, Carnegies, Rockefellers, and Edisons."

listen to this and think on this. temporary set backs are not the end of the road, they are an unexpected curve in the road. if you do not make the turn it will be the end of the road for you, uless you get back in the car and go at it again and again learning from each mistake what does not work. Percitence is like saying I will not give up and I will not be denied. If you don't build persistence you will cheat yourself out of your dream. don be like most people who meet with a set back, they quit. Persist.

Most people make mistakes on a job and meet bends in the raosd they were not execting, but they don't quit the job, but they try, try agan. There are, "people who are ready to bail on their dreams, hopes and deisres, They "throw them overboard, and give up at the first sign of opposition or misfortune" Please do not be one of these. in fact the moment you have been waiting for is not far beyone where we give up, this is why we need to persist. I am wring this to myself as well. I myself need more persistence to be honest.

"There may be no heroic connotation to the word “persistence,” but the quality is to the character of man what carbon is to steel." Carbon steel is stronger, has greater tensile strengths, and is mor durable than regular steel. most people have regular steel that will break and shatter when enough pressure is applied. But Carbon Steel is fortified when Carbon is added to it sometime during the course of it's production and makes the steel harder and stronger. We have to have a similar make up to fortify us and it is those tough moments just before we have success in any undertaking, they steel us fortify us to not give up when the next and more difficult situation comes along. We can look back on the first triumph and know we can make the next.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE!

Michael Dennis

"You do not need to change a thing, 'YOU' are perfect just the way you are. Your Lack Of Success Is Not You Fault" Michael Dlouhy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!