Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Chapter 2 Desire
6/13/2017 1:41:25 AM
Just a quick note to say thank you for joining our group. been terriblely busy but tha tis no excuse. I'll get it all together.

I just posted to my other group, but that one is already in Chapter 8 Decision ,of Think And Grow Rich. Amazing chapter. Then again they are all amazing, the more you read and dig in, the more you disover. I hope you enjoy everything. I just to post the second chapter. After you read and listen to the chapter (there is a link for audio of the chapter) come backhere to post your impressions of Chapter 2

I had a little trouble getting the link to the audio right. you can listen as you read along. The audio will open in another tab and will start automatically. just click back to the Forum and enjoy. don't forget to leavve a comment on what you got personally from the chapter. I truly hope this helps some one.,I am also learning. This 15 week cycle of Think and Grow rich has helped me greatly, so I know it will help you. I care about your success. One day soon I am going to be doing something unique that many of you have net seen or heard before and I believe it can really change your lives in ways you would have never belived before if someoen told you. It's going to be great.

I BELIEVE IN YOU!
Michael Dennis
Humble Mentor with a servants heart
"You do not need to change a thing, 'YOU' are perfect just the way you are. Your Lack Of Success Is Not You Fault" Michael Dlouhy
+1
RE: Chapter 2 Desire
6/15/2017 2:33:48 AM

It is a remarkable illustration of the power of a DEFINITE DESIRE. Barnes won his goal, because he wanted to be a business associate of Mr. Edison, more than he wanted anything else. He created a plan by which to attain that purpose. But he BURNED ALL BRIDGES BEHIND HIM. He stood by his DESIRE until it became the dominating obsession of his life—and—finally, a fact.

When he went to Orange, he did not say to himself, “I will try to induce Edison to give me a job of some soft.” He said, “I will see Edison, and put him on notice that I have come to go into business with him.

He did not say, “I will work there for a few months, and if I get no encouragement, I will quit and get a job somewhere else.” He did say, “I will start anywhere. I will do anything Edison tells me to do, but before I am through, I will be his associate.”

He did not say, “I will keep my eyes open for another opportunity, in case I fail to get what I want in the Edison organization.” He said, “There is but ONE thing in this world that I am determined to have, and that is a business association with Thomas A. Edison. I will burn all bridges behind me, and stake my ENTIRE FUTURE on my ability to get what I want.”

He left himself no possible way of retreat. He had to win or perish!

Desire in paramount if we are going to reach our goals. not just an ordinary desire, but a burning desire. that desie must be so hot, it burns the bridges behind behind you and you must not entertain any thought of retreat. We have to have a burnng desire that dominates our thoughts using the 8 positive emotions positive emotion constantly to help us overcome any obstacle. Barnes will have no exit plan; for Barnes it was do or die.

to manypeole in life give up at the first sign of troble because

1. they don't know what they really want
2. they have not develpeda "I Got to have it " mentality
3. they let what other people think about them or what other people tell them what they should do and give up it;s too hard.

"You do not need to change a thing, 'YOU' are perfect just the way you are. Your Lack Of Success Is Not You Fault" Michael Dlouhy
+1
6/15/2017 4:17:29 PM

Desire
Desire, craving, longing, yearning suggest feelings that impel one to the attainment or possession of something

Desire is an emotional energy. When mixed with any or all of the 8 positive emotions cause the brainwaves to vibrate at a high frequency, which causes our thoughts to travel or to be broadcast into the atmosphere. (which I think explains why one person could ger an idea and the other person picks up the thought) More on that when we cover the chapter of the brain. When these waves broadcast they are picked up into the either. the ether is a spiritual plane of energy through which this energy may pass. It passes on to thee higher power.

Napoleoon Hill calls the higher power "Infinite Intelligence" (most people call him God) when our thoughts are made to vibrate at a very high frquency it is picked up by Infinate inteloigence and Infinite Intellegence sends back plans of action. Your desie has to ne a definite desire. a clearly defined desire. You have to desire it so much ,you can actually see yourself with it, long before it is actually transmutd into it's physical equivelent. Transmute means to change from one form to another. Your desire when proprly backed up will go from thought energy to it's physical counterpart. There are two elements, energy and matter. so you will be learning to transmute your thought impulses into it's physical form. It will be attracted to you. I will discuss this in a little later when we cover the importance of positive thought VS negative thoughts.

If a person is unaware of this process they are like acar on a hill and the transmission is in neutal the car just rolls down the hill. That is negative thoughts and negative vibrations will take us in a negative direction. if we fail to control the passage of positive and negative thought impulses, we are in defult mode. In default mode negatives will pile up and when whe have negative emotions as a result our lives become negative, as we become unable to see what is good about life and bring misery into our lives of our own making, because we fail to guard our hearts.

On the other hand, if we are the constant ands consistent gate keeper of our thoughts allowing only positive emotions to enter, they will attract like thoughts and those join with what we have. Each new thought joining in attracting more positive thought, multiplying and snowballing us into a positive life of abundance and always having moe than enough. It all starts woththe thoughtsof desire. However, it cannot be just any old desire. Your desire has to be, "what you really more than anything else in the world", one that you just have to have. You must be persistent repeat, you must be persistent in your desire until you get what you want most. remember, "Truly thoughts are THINGS"

the scripture saysit this way "Now faith is the SUBSTANCE of THINGS hoped for, and the EVIDENCE of THINGS not seen.

Now that you have the desire the "What I got to have" or your "WHY," you have to combine it with positive emotions, and faith is the most powerful of the emotions,
here is the list of positive emotions.
The Emotions of:
  1. Faith
  2. Love
  3. Sex
  4. Romance
  5. Hope
  6. Enthusiasm
  7. \Prosperity
  8. Desire
You must make every effort to ignore these like Ebola:
  • Revenge (also cover vindictiveness),
  • FEAR, That which I have fared is come upon me JOB
  • Greed,
  • Hatred (includes prejudice of an kind),
  • Jealousy,
  • Anger,
  • Superstition (inludes false religions and cults),
  • Lack. (So Broke I Can't Afford To Pay Attention)
I iterate, avoid these like Ebola

Now here is something I noticed here. Everyone of the negative emotions include feeling or desiring some ill will against other people. These things destroy relationaship and destroy people. They are aslo the plants that grow out ot the seeds of selfishness) Hill tel us that Positive emotios lead to riches and Negative emotions tend toward poverty.

I learned so much writing this post I hope I made a little sense.
I Belive In You
Michael Dennis
Humble Mentor with a servants heart
+2
6/16/2017 6:51:37 AM
If you are going t be successful and desire that you rdesire is transmuted into it'd physical equivlent, you must follow these six steps Hill Writes:

The method by which DESIRE for riches can be transmuted into its financial equivalent, consists of six definite, practical steps, viz:

First. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness which will be described in a subsequent chapter).

Second. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.)

Third. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.

Fourth. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.

Fifth. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.

Sixth. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. AS YOU READ—SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.

It is important that you follow the instructions described in these six steps. It is especially important that you observe, and follow the instructions in the sixth paragraph. You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see yourself in possession of money” before you actually have it. Here is where a BURNING DESIRE will come to your aid. If you truly DESIRE money so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. The object is to want money, and to become so determined to have it that you CONVINCE yourself you will have it.

Only those who become “money conscious” ever accumulate great riches. “Money consciousness” means that the mind has become so thoroughly saturated with the DESIRE for money, that one can see one’s self already in possession of it.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!