Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Chapter 1 Thouths Are Things
6/4/2017 4:55:15 AM

"You do not need to change a thing, 'YOU' are perfect just the way you are. Your Lack Of Success Is Not You Fault" Michael Dlouhy
+1
RE: Chapter 1 Thougths Are Things
6/5/2017 1:06:40 AM
Chapter 1 Thoughts Are Things

Hill Writes about an event that happened in an old barn.

“When the uncle reached the spot where the child was standing, she quickly stepped forward one step, looked up into his eyes, and screamed at the top of her shrill voice, “MY MOTHER"S GOTTA HAVE THAT FIFTY CENTS!”

“Mr. Darby pointed out: “every time a prospect tried to bow me out, without buying, I saw that child standing there in the old mill, her big eyes glaring in defiance, and I said to myself, ‘I’ve gotta make this sale.”
(And because he took this stance and held to this state of mind like a person grips a treasure of great value, he was able to say that most of his sales came after he persisted with a person that had told him NO!)

There are some things I must say.

1.The lesson Barnes learned from that little girl was he has to have the “I Gotta Have it” state of mind. You see, her statement “MY MOTHER'S GOTTA HAVE THAT FIFTY CENTS!” and his “I've gotta make this sale.” Are one in the same statement.

2. even when being faced with the potential of being beaten to death the little girl took one step forward!

There was a time when adversity would come, I’d take a step back and retreat at full gallop, but now I am learning to take a step or 2 forward and meet adversity on my terms knowing that I gotta have “MY WHY” I gotta have “MY DREAM”. Now I make adversity back up and take the road back to where it came from.

This week I made a follow-up call to a leader who downloaded “XXXXXXXXXXXX" and I had a great time and made my Mentor Tony Harnett proud of me (I am tearing up). From a grown man deathly afraid of an inanimate object “the phone” to one who is beginning to master the phone. I am now having a great time or FUN, FUN, FUN. My wife also said I sounded good on the phone I think she’s starting to see the change in me.

Thank all of you for sharing your stories, you never know how your story will help someone. Now, Michael, I will not die with my music still inside me. (more tears)

we can find in our lifetime someone who has overcome and use what they have done to inspire us.

I love my mentor for always having patience and kindness toward me. Without him, XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and our mastermind group, I could not have come to this state of mind. I still have a way to go I’ll never stop learning to be more than who I was to become who I really am.

Michael Dennis

This is a lesson I submitted previously in another place

Names and resources have been Xed out to keep line with the forum rules of no promotions. of any kind.

"You do not need to change a thing, 'YOU' are perfect just the way you are. Your Lack Of Success Is Not You Fault" Michael Dlouhy
+2
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2017 2:54:30 AM
Just a short note to say thanks for letting us know about Chapter one.

It is much easier to read and to leave an appropriate comment.

Thanks Michael
+1
6/6/2017 12:46:43 AM

TRULY, “thoughts are things,” and powerful things at that, when they are mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence, and a BURNING DESIRE for their translation into riches, or other material objects.

Our thoughts are far more power than we understand them to be or give them cedit for. You can live a limitless life of limited succees if we can get this through our head, believe it, accept and take advantage of what you have been given. Thoughts Are Things" There is a reason that of all the things NaploleonHill could have written but he puts the secret right out front, right of our faces. Most people are so businey looking for the secret, they miss the biggest tid-bid.

The toughts alone will not get you what you want. Hill further says:

when they are mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence, and a BURNING DESIRE for their translation into riches, or other material objects. These thoguht mpression we receive, must be with a definite purpose a WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE THAT! what is the reason you must have posession of that thing. If you do not have to have it you wil not recieve it. this is why you needa 99% reason why you want anything Wealth or other thing or it's physical equivlent of that thought. You must be persistent, unwavering and unmoved by any circumstance to atain your desire. that desire must ne a whote hot burning desire that wil not allow you to quit.. you must do this for your thoughts to be translated into richies or any physical objects. The story about Edwin barnes dreamwas backed by determination, faith and passion so strong he would not be denied. This tells me If I am to succeed in any endeavor I must first gear my mind to that end, then back it up with powerful positive emotions to give it my thoughts power. This will be come clearer in coming chapters. in chapter 2 you will be given a formula to follow that will help you realize your goals. More tomorrow.

Someting form a friend of mine

"The First Step To Owning Your Life, Is To Own Your Mind.

Most people believe “Think and Grow Rich” is a book about money. Perhaps they ponder, “Wow!

If I read this, then I’ll learn how to make piles of money magically appear on my coffee table - just
by thinking it!”In his “Master Key to Success” series, Napoleon Hill ranked Financial Wealth way
down at number 8 of the 10 things he called “Riches”.
So, why does this book seem
preoccupied with the attainment of money?

Napoleon Hill writes of a moneymaking SECRET which appears in every chapter of this book.

Hill says the SECRET “will jump from the page and stand boldly before you, IF YOU ARE READY
FOR IT! The SECRET cannot be had without a price, although the price is far less than its value.
It cannot be had at any price by those who are not intentionally searching for it. It cannot be given
away, it cannot be purchased for money, for the reason that it comes in two parts.

One part is already in possession of those who are ready for it.”

But MOST people will let well meaning Family members, Friends, News Media, or a Religious
Leader program their Mind when Listening to them.

Every person is capable of Original Thought when they STOP listening to all the Nay Sayers.

The purpose of my post is to EXPOSE Yourself, to the REAL You. "

I tried to keep it short but I hope you enjoyed it.

Michael Dennis

+2
RE: Chapter 1 Thouths Are Things
6/8/2017 12:37:48 AM

In the first chapter Thoughts Are Things, Hill writes about Edwin C. Barnes discovered the men can really THINK AND GROW RICH. Thirty years before the writing of this book, Barnes was poor and destitute but he did not let that deter him. If we are to be successful and turn out thoughts into riches we cannot allow circumstances or people to stop us. (In chapter 15 we will learn about the six ghosts fear and how to overcome them.)

Do you know what is so sad to me? Too many people walk through life not knowing or understanding this simple principle. As we go along we are going to cover the process and the mechanics of how to use these internal tools to as Hill calls it, “transmute our thoughts into their physical equivalent.

What Mr. Barnes wanted, strongly desired to be a business partner with the great inventor, Thomas A. Edison.

Barnes was destitute. Barnes did not have any means, that, to the average point of view, that he would reach his goal. It is an amazing point that Barnes never told anyone but Edison that he had come to be in business with him. Isn’t a shame that when you tell some people your dreams, they ridicule you, tell you, you are crazy, that is never going to happen, Edison is going to have you thrown into the street, or you are going to make a fool of yourself. Napoleon Hill says to tell people what you are going to do, but only after you have shown them what you are going to do by first doing it. Otherwise people will try to stand in your way or even try to sabotage your thinking.

And being broke, Barnes Slipped on a freight train to get to Menlo Park, New Jersey. HE did not let his financial situation stand in the way. There is an old saying, “Where there is a will, there is away. Now Barnes was not dressed like a person that could be a business partner; Edison said he looked like a tramp but Edison saw something in the way he presents himself (the person inside the dirty tattered clothes) that made Edison give him his shot.

WOW! Imagine that. Today few people have this state of heart. Some people will fold at the slightest resistance. Barnes was not going to stop. Even when it looked like nothing is going in the direction we feel like it ought to go and say it’s no use. Barnes kept working long after most would give up. And one day a machine that Edison had invented, all of Edison’s salesman said it would be a hard machine to sell. But not to Barnes. You see as he worked menial jobs for Edison, he was growing in his determination getting ready to succeed and his time had come. Do you know that many times the time and point where things get the most difficult is just before success arrives to lift you up to your dream.

Read the full account again and take note of how unwavering Barnes desire remained? He had that, ‘I Got To have It and will accept no substitute. Is your dream a worthy dream, to pursue? Is your why so strong it will get you past all difficulty that get ion your way? Are you determined to overcome any adversity? Why is this so important? There are two reasons.

[if !supportLists]1. [endif]What you overcome will help you overcome what comes next.

[if !supportLists]2. [endif]Your experience will benefit those that come behind you.

The ability to overcome one event of adversity is a teacher for you. What did you learn from it? If I can do that I can face the next thing, that, coupled with a definite purpose a definite plan of action and emotionalized desire you will find success.

People are going t join your team in work, business, education or whatever you are doing, you have the authority to help them overcome. You can encourage them and help them endure until they reach their goal.

I hope this helps someone I look forward to your take on this chapter don't beafraid to listen and tell us what you got out of it.

Michael Dennis

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!