Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Dangers of being too political?
6/2/2017 4:53:09 PM
It's very easy these days to lose your job and to lose friends when you talk about politics on social media and that has been shown both on AdlandPro as well as on the popular social venue of Facebook.

What an incredibly well put together article that helps put into context the issues of talking politics.

I know that many of my friends who work on Social media are very cautious on what they say...

"American employees' free speech rights may be more accurately summarized by this paraphrase of a 1891 statement by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.: "An employee may have a constitutional right to talk politics, but he has no constitutional right to be employed." In other words: to keep your job, you often can't say what you like."

Is it the same here in Canada or other countries?

social-media-politics-1.jpg

+1
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: The Dangers of being too political?
6/2/2017 5:11:34 PM
Interesting article and makes common sense.
I rarely share someone else's posts, if Political....

BUT have NO trepidation of Stating My View on items political.
It is our duty, if we are at all social, to let those who know like and trust us to know we stand for something.
It is funny that the large percentage of people who I have done business over the past 60 years are generally on the same page.
Maybe that is why they Know Like and Trust Me.......
Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+2
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Dangers of being too political?
6/2/2017 5:32:30 PM
Hi Chuck and thanks for your opinion, it means a lot to know how others stand on this kind of issue

After watching what has been happening over the last year and seeing the friendships that have been lost and the inability for people to be respectful of differing points of view, I just shake my head - a lot.

Funny enough, I don't see the same issues in Canada for some reason... we just went through a our own provincial elections in the province I live in and while the topics got "hot", funny enough people still were able to shake hands or at least respect eachother after.

I found this article refreshing for a few reasons and the comments made were also very well put.

For myself personally?

I dont mix politics and work... they dont go hand in hand very well ( trust me it is not so easy to do)

P.S. ( Edit) I have always believed that when you share a news story, that you include your opinion about why you feel the story is important..that is why curation is so cool
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!