Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
A Problem With Being Happy..
4/23/2017 5:02:22 PM
I have a problem with being happy. Not that being happy is a bad thing. It's just that "happy" and "sad" happen in life, and trying to "be" one all the time without experiencing the other is kind of...well...sad. It's not just the old thing that you have to know sadness to really appreciate happiness, but, stress is sad. If you are working hard to BE something that you are not naturally at the moment, then, you may be creating stress...and that's sad. Happiness and sadness occur. Just because you are in one state at the moment does not mean that that's the permanent state of existence. In most cases, sadness, and, sadly, happiness, will pass naturally in the course of living. Fixating on always trying to be happy is a waste of energy. Oh, try to find a happy pathway through life, of course, but, when you stub your toe on a rock of sadness, walk it off.

+1
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: A Problem With Being Happy..
4/23/2017 7:41:19 PM
Maybe too much time is spent on the "Happy-Sad" circuit. There seems to a plethora of 'life experts' spouting inane platitudes about being happy.
I agree with your premise and maybe add a slant.
Many years ago I realize dI ma happy when I accomplish that which I set out to do, and the outcome may not be as projected.
Many would steam and fret and feel a sense of
failure, which seems to lead to 'sadness'
The only thought I apply to my day at the end is did I apply action to that which I had planned and the outcome is not as relevant as the effort of application.
Consequently for the past 60+ years of adulthood I have been one happy dude, because at end of each day I make progress.
A secret is, I do not burden myself with unreasonable projects.
Outcome is money has always chased me to a level of comforts and satisfaction.

Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!