Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Not Always Equal and Opposite
4/19/2017 1:25:17 PM
We talk a lot about "balance" in our lives. I even did so a few days ago in this forum. For almost every pressure or "weight" that pulls or pushes us, there is another that is trying to influence us in a different direction. Unfortunately, unlike Newton's Third Law, these opposing forces are not always equal or opposite. The scales of life are weird in that they don't just exist in two or three dimensions. They are of infinite length, extending out in innumerable directions. So, many choices, and results, are not just "either, or". On the multidimensional scales of life, the selection of any possibility, and the action of putting it in motions, can spin everything in multiple directions. Sometimes I am in awe of the human ability to decide between vanilla and chocolate, much less between such concepts as good and evil. What if a "good" act results in something "bad" happening to someone? We have to make these choices every day in many areas. I think the point is, that, no matter how well we think we can predict the outcome of our choices and actions, we have an excellent chance of being "wrong". I guess this is why we say that "...to err is human." So, if you are human, do your best because you cannot completely foretell the outcome, so, control the part you DO have control over and accept the results.

Read my poetry at http://ravensong.4t.com.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!