Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Is It Progress
4/18/2017 7:33:13 PM
It's called "progress", but, sometimes I wonder. Isn't progress supposed to make our lives more enjoyable and pleasant? Now, I know that most people think of space exploration and technical companies when you mention progress, but, I don't deal much with those things. Have you tried to check out at the grocery store recently? Instead of handing somebody cash and getting your change, you slide your card... Whoops! It has a chip. Insert it. Oh? There are questions to answer, buttons to punch, and the chance that your information may be stolen and your bank account emptied. Wow. What progress? Or, the one I get teased about; ordering an ice cream cone. Took me five minutes in the drive-thru and a hundred questions and almost a fist fight with the poor guy on the speaker to figure out that all you had to do to make me happy was put a couple of scoops of ice cream (chocolate please) in a cone... What kind of cone? I don't know. Just a damned ice cream cone! How many kinds? Geez. Don't even ask me about the time I ordered a Kolachi and stormed out in anger cause the guy didn't know how to come up with a sausage wrapped in bread. There were too many kinds and I couldn't specify which one I actually wanted. Progress? Sheesh.

Read my poems at http://ravensong.4t.com.
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Is It Progress
4/18/2017 8:40:05 PM
I saw a quote " If there is no struggle,there is not progress ~ Frederick Douglass", but I feel that this quote makes a lot more sense many times
"Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity"
~ Thor Heyerdahl

Thanks for sharing what many of us ( I know I have) can relate to!

Adlandpro-progress-is-mans-ability-to-complicate-simplictiy-1.jpg

+0
4/18/2017 9:18:45 PM
Thank you
+1
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/18/2017 9:24:56 PM
I have espoused a simple life, not being involved in too many things, nor have a multitude of tasks daily.
Has worked well for me, BUT in today's social environment, if one wants to "keep up with Joneses" I guess it is important to face countless choices.
Only advantage of doing it my way is there is little no stress.
Two or three simple choices daily, accomplishing them with precision provides an abundant journey.
Ole' Henry had it right when he proclaimed, "you can buy any color Ford you want, as long as it is Black!"

Black Model T
Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/18/2017 9:26:22 PM
You are very welcome and I really had to chuckle as I can relate to a lot of what you said.

Just to let you know your post has been put on the Adlandpro Facebook page, as well as on The Adlandpro Pinterest board

Keep up the awesome work and I really am enjoying what you are saying!1

Diane

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!