Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
My Good Veteran Brother Bruce #Dublin_GA
12/27/2016 3:16:33 AM
Bruce and I had a good chat yesterday; shared this community is a lot more accommodating than it was when he signed up via my personal invitation.

He was turned-off due to a band of 'trolls' ...

Possibly I will see him return next year to start his own community forum to VOID community trolls.

That's the beauty of owning a community forum; one can just skip "Talk" and
just network in one's OWN Forum.

If spamming, trolling community members' make interfere with your forum networking ... You can simply turn-off the agitator(s) by banning them from your forum ...

Picture

+0
Eve and #Lilith
5/5/2017 7:59:27 PM
The first I ever heard of "Lillith" was from my #Good_Veteran_Brother_Bruce

7. Eve & Lilith

In an effort to explain inconsistencies in the Old Testament, there developed in Jewish literature a complex interpretive system called the midrash which attempts to reconcile biblical contradictions and bring new meaning to the scriptural text.

Employing both a philological method and often an ingenious imagination, midrashic writings, which reached their height in the 2nd century CE, influenced later Christian interpretations of the Bible. Inconsistencies in the story of Genesis, especially the two separate accounts of creation, received particular attention. Later, beginning in the 13th century CE, such questions were also taken up in Jewish mystical literature known as the Kabbalah.

According to midrashic literature, Adam's first wife was not Eve but a woman named Lilith, who was created in the first Genesis account. Only when Lilith rebelled and abandoned Adam did God create Eve, in the second account, as a replacement. In an important 13th century Kabbalah text, the Sefer ha-Zohar ("The Book of Splendour") written by the Spaniard Moses de Leon (c. 1240-1305), it is explained that:

At the same time Jehovah created Adam, he created a woman, Lilith, who like Adam was taken from the earth. She was given to Adam as his wife. But there was a dispute between them about a matter that when it came before the judges had to be discussed behind closed doors. She spoke the unspeakable name of Jehovah and vanished. Read more

+0