Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
BBQ Season
7/25/2016 4:06:13 PM
BBQ SEASON

Yes, bbq season is upon us once again. It’s time to get out the old bbq grill. Dust it off, clean it and make sure it’s safe. Oh, did I mention give it a big hug.

TIPS:

Always clean the grate of leftover dried food.

Only use a brush designed for the bbq grill. Usually one with wire bristles and a scraper.

I always buy a can of heat rest-ant black paint to spray the inside of the grill. It helps to restore and add to the life of the grill.

BBQ Recipes

There are hundreds of cookbooks dedicated to the BBQ. Many by famous chefs you see on TV Like Emral or Bobby Flay, lets not forget Rachel. I have spent a lot of time in the bookstore searching through all the new books that came out for the new season. I like to buy one book and try the new recipes in them. And of course there is always the food network.

Here's a recipe from Ree Drummond

Ingredients

1 tablespoon canola oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 onion, diced

1 cup ketchup

1/3 cup molasses

1/3 cup brown sugar

4 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

4 tablespoons distilled vinegar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Dash salt

Directions

Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, being careful not to burn them. Reduce the heat to low. Add the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, chipotle peppers, vinegar (or less to taste), Worcestershire sauce and salt and stir. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Taste after simmering and add whatever ingredient it needs (more spice, more sugar, etc.). 2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved

My BBQ Recipe:

Of course I am no were near the skill of Lee Drummond but I have my own lazy mans recipe.

Take a bottle or two of your favorite BBQ sauce add a couple of oz. of your favorite bourbon to taste. Then mix well. Here's a tip: oven bake you meat (chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.). When meat is half way done, take out of oven drain well. Then pour on the sauce and let bake for another five to six minutes. Let cool. When it time to bbq you only need to cook for a few minutes on the grill to get the great bbq taste without burning the meat.

Yes BBQ season is finally here it's time to show everyone just what kind of man chef you are. So have fun and enjoy.

If you have a favorite bbq recipe please leave it in the comment section and I will publish it.

Thanks

Allen Wolin

Buy Steaks Online - Top Offers on Steak - Premier Gourmet Foods - Shop Now @ Chicago Steak Company

My blog is http://yourkitchenandcooking.com. But there is a big change comming soon.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!