Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The Secrets of Anti- Aging Supplments
7/6/2016 8:43:36 PM

CRNF pledges $2.1 million to extend NAD self-regulatory program through 2017 WASHINGTON — The Council for Responsible Nutrition Foundation on Monday announced it has pledged additional grants — now totaling more than $2.1 million — to the National Advertising Division that will extend through 2017 the NAD self-regulatory program that monitors advertising for dietary supplements. The program, first launched in 2006 and supported through a series of multi-year grants, serves as the trade association’s cornerstone of self-regulatory initiatives, and has been praised by the Federal Trade Commissioners and FTC staff as “an excellent example of self-regulation. 
Self-regulation is the hallmark of a mature industry and our member companies proudly continue to support this self-regulatory initiative because we understand that truthful and accurate advertising levels the playing field for honest advertisers and ultimately serves the consumer,” said Steve Mister, CRNF president and CEO. The active ad-monitoring and peer-to-peer process conducted by the NAD is effective, CRNF stated. It encourages cooperation and allows companies a chance to voluntarily change non-compliant behavior before facing potentially serious consequences from the FTC and other law enforcement agencies. 
The program encourages fair competition and is unique in the dietary supplement industry because it involves a public and transparent process with accountability and demonstrated results. Each monitoring case or challenge results in a written decision explaining the review and, if changes are needed, providing advertisers with instruction and guidance for future advertising. 
The responsible dietary supplement industry recognizes the need to meet high standards of truthfulness and substantiation. The CRN Foundation is to be congratulated for its courage in stepping forward to financially support the transparent self-regulation of advertising claims made in dietary supplement advertising,” said Lee Peeler, president and CEO of the Advertising Self-Regulatory Council, and EVP National Advertising Programs, Council of Better Business Bureaus. 
The dietary supplement NAD program exceeded an important milestone this past June with completion of over 200 advertising challenges. The caseload has continued to grow throughout the course of the eight-year program as the initiative allowed NAD to hire an additional attorney focused solely on the dietary supplement category. 
According to NAD, companies comply with NAD’s recommendations at a rate of nearly 98%. “We’re pleased to be able to continue our longstanding support of NAD’s dietary supplement advertising review program. It’s an important vehicle for CRN, its members, and other companies in the industry to play a key role in self-regulation, supporting a marketplace where consumers can be more confident in the truth and accuracy of advertising claims for dietary supplements,” Mister said. Further, he noted that responsible industry’s participation in the program is critical to its continued success. Facing a long wait for evidence a longevity researcher takes an unusual path to the market.
 “We urge all industry stakeholders - not just CRN member companies - to remain involved and supportive of the program. If you see a supplement ad that’s misleading or untruthful, or that includes claims that can’t be substantiated, file a competitive challenge with the NAD.” NAD reviews print, broadcast, infomercial and web-based advertising and opens cases prompted by complaints from competitors, consumers and following its own monitoring. 

NAD Asks Metabolic Research to Stop Stimulate Claims

NEW YORK–The National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus recommended Metabolic Research Inc., discontinue certain claims made for the company’s “Stemulite” dietary supplement. NAD initially requested substantiation in 2009 for certain advertising claims made by Metabolic Research for the product; however, the company declined to provide a substantive response at that time. The advertising at issue was referred to FTC and FDA; the advertiser then notified NAD that it would participate in a self-regulatory review.
At the outset, the advertiser asserted that it had discontinued certain claims at issue in NAD’s initial inquiry, including all weight-loss claims. NAD then considered several other claims made in print, on product packaging and in testimonials, including: “People who take Stimulate Experience: Deep REM Sleep, Increased Muscle Gain and Endurance, and Increased Wellness and Energy” “Achieve Peak Athletic Performance Naturally with Stimulate all-natural Fitness Formula.
The Stimulate Combination Promotes Increased, Strength, Muscle, Energy, Deep Sleep, Endurance, Recovery Speed” “Within Two Days of Using Stimulate, I Slept Great!” “I Have Noticed A Tremendous Energy Boost.” “Using Stimulate, I Have Seen Results in 2-3 Weeks.” “In Three Days, Suddenly My Sleep Was Fantastic.” “I Am Getting Eight Hours of Restful Sleep, It’s A Miracle” “In Just 5 Days, My Endurance Has Increased 25%” NAD examined evidence that included a small study on Stimulate, studies on some of the product’s ingredients and an ongoing study of the product that is now underway at Rutgers University in New Jersey. 
 Following its review, NAD determined that the advertiser’s voluntary discontinuance of all of its weight loss claims, as well as claims that Stimulate supplementation will result in a “20% increase in strength” and a “… 25% increases in strength within a week,” and the claim that “The Stimulate combination of mitochondrial energizers, free radical scavengers, amino acid ‘stackers,’ immune stimulator's, stem-cell recruiters, inflammatory down-regulators, rest and sleep enhancers, and a rare earth mineral that produces mood elevation and HPA synchronizing of all hormonal functions is without doubt the most complete and effective workout and fitness supplement available in the world!” to be necessary and proper.
 NAD further found there was insufficient evidence in the record to support the remaining claims and testimonials regarding improvements or increases in sleep, muscle, endurance and wellness and energy, and recommended they be discontinued. The company, in its advertiser’s statement, said that it believes “the remaining claims, on a component by component basis, are supported by existing data. However, the company noted, “We have retained counsel to further review our materials on an ongoing basis and have every intention on being compliant in all respects.

NAD Recommeds

Flora, Inc., Discontinue Certain Testimonials, Modify Certain Claims For “Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend” New York, New York – Nov. 14, 2011 – The National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus Claims has recommended that Flora, Inc., discontinue certain testimonials and modify certain performance claims for Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend, a dietary supplement. NAD, the advertising industry’s self-regulatory forum, reviewed the claims for the product as part of NAD’s ongoing monitoring program.
 NAD reviewed performance claims that included: “42% More Endurance* * the Robert Universe 36-Week Elite Strength Athlete Study” “Strength. Stamina. Recovery.” “Athletes around the world are experiencing greater strength, improved stamina and faster recovery using Udo’s Oil. Now it’s your turn.” These claims appeared together in a print advertisement depicting a man running over rocks near a mountain lake. NAD also reviewed claims presented through testimonials, including: Performance improvements are “real and lasting” “Reduced joint pain, weight loss, improved digestion, faster recovery, clear skin, balanced energy, reduced food cravings and improved performance are all benefits my clients and I have gained from adding Udo’s Oil to our diets. 
Lose tremendous amounts of body fat, feel less depressed, sleep better. “dry itchy patchy skin…disappeared after I put her on two tablespoons of Udo’s every day. “My skin looked brighter, more refreshed and my skin was even with no acne. My hair was thicker and less dull and my nail beds grew stronger.” (Full text of decision available to media upon request.) The advertiser described Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend as a special combination of cold and oxygen free-pressed, unrefined, organic oil derived from certified organic flaxseed, sunflower and sesame seeds to yield a 2:1 ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 essential fatty acids. The advertiser offered as support for its claims as 2009 study entitled “Evaluating The Effect Of A Blend Of Omega-3 And Omega-6 Oils On The Physical Endurance Of High Level Strength Athletes. Find 5 anti aging supplments that really work . Try A,C, Coenzyme Q10, Glueosamine and E.
 Following its review of the advertiser’s evidence, NAD noted concerns with the study’s methodology. NAD noted that that study’s authors acknowledged that the “number of missing measurements, lack of a control group and failure to blind participants limited the validity of the findings and conceded that the results may be attributed the placebo effect>” NAD recommended that the advertiser discontinue the following unsupported claims:42% More Endurance,the Robert Universe 36-Week Elite Strength Athlete Study “performance improvements are real and lasting.” “my skin was even with no acne. My hair was thicker and less dull and my nail beds grew stronger. I’ve seen my clients: lose tremendous amounts of body fat, feel less depressed, sleep better.” “[r]educed joint pain, weight loss, improved digestion, faster recovery and improved performance are all benefits my clients and I have gained from adding Udo’s Oil to our diets.” Dry itchy patchy skin…disappeared after I put her on two tablespoons of Udo’s every day. 

Rossmann fold in part of the lactate dehydrogenase of Cryptosporidium parvum, showing NAD+ in red, beta sheets in yellow, and alpha helices in purple.[33]

Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide has several essential roles in metabolism. It acts as a coenzyme in redox reactions, as a donor of ADP-ribose moieties in ADP- 
Athletes around the world are experiencing greater strength, improved stamina and faster recovery using Udo’s Oil. NAD noted that nothing in its decision prevents the advertiser from making claims about general well-being or claims that the ingredient flaxseed oil may help skin conditions. Further, NAD noted that nothing in its decision prevents the advertiser from using testimonials that claim that participants believed they experienced enhanced performance. The company, in its advertiser’s statement, said that while it “disagrees with some of the conclusions reached, we fully understand the concerns raised by the NAD. As such, and in the spirit of cooperation, Flora accepts the NAD’s decision in its entirety and will discontinue using the statements and testimonials identified in the decision. Find more ways to lose weight look and feel your best with the right diet and fitness program. Click Here for more detailed information. 

How Dose It Really Work?

NadH is naturally produced in our body and is involved to the production of energy on a mecular level. Ther is some evidence that shows NADH supplments may reduce blood pressure and redece cholesterol and help cronic fatigue Syndronme by providing energy and encrease nerve signals to people with parkensons disease, improved sleep and energy levels. Researchers are still studing the benifts of NADH and hope to find a soulation to age realated disease.
Share this post with your friends leave me a comment. 
Stay Fit
Patricia Lynn
Images Courtesy of Priasaeng, Praisaerng at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!