Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Heaven Letters
1/1/2018 1:26:52 AM
For what ever reason, I did not get any Heaven letters today.. Nothing on the site either. So I found this.

The Story of the Farmer and the Hat

The ways God can appear are limitless. Through other people is one of them. Here’s a true story:

A farmer at our local Farmer’s Market had a blanket laid out on the ground, filled with wonderful vegetables, some in baskets, some just in piles.

I held up a giant zucchini, and I asked him how much.

The man smiled and said, "It's by the hat. It's the hat method." I didn’t know what he was talking about.

He pointed to a big old farmer's type hat, filled with dollar bills, that sat on the edge of the blanket. “You just put in what feels right to you,” he said.

"Give me an idea," I said.

"Oh, no," he said, "then it wouldn't be by the hat."

He truly offered his vegetables for what people had in their hearts to pay. He was not attached. He really wasn't. He didn't even stay around. And he was so generous with the sweep of his hand that I had such a different feeling. I felt that I had been given a great gift, and, with all my heart, I wanted to pay him enough. It felt like joy to receive, and joy to give. He helped me to feel that these vegetables were the fruits of God and he was simply the deliverer.

He was there to be rewarded for his labors. The vegetables weren’t for free. Only he wasn't dictating the price. He truly let go. He wanted his vegetables to go to as many good homes as possible and give all the nourishment they were made for.

It is the same with Heaven Letters. The intent of Heaven Letters is to bring as many people as possible as quickly as possible in touch with God. We are happy you are here, and we want to emulate that beautiful farmer. Heaven Letters are the fruits of God, and The International Society of Heavenletters™ is simply the deliverer. We are putting down a big hat, and with it, laying out our faith in God. We appreciate your support.

So, help yourselves to Heaven Letters. Subscribe. Get a good taste. When your heart feels moved, your by-the-hat donation makes all the difference in the world. Financial help from God to support Heaven Letters™ comes through the commitment, respect, and generosity of readers like you. Thank you for contributing!

Another By-the-Hat (Heart) contribution that we love is when you pass Heaven on to friends and organizations that you value. Please feel encouraged to spread Heaven Letters. It would be wonderful to fill this hat to overflowing too.

Carolyn R. from West Virginia expressed this so very well:

"Martha is the person who told me about Heaven Letters. The important thing is that someone sent me a Heaven Letter as a blessing, and I look forward to Heaven Letters as continued blessings."

With love and blessings,

Gloria
The Godwriting International Society of Heaven
703 E. Burlington Avenue
Fairfield, IA 52556
(Make checks out to Heaven!)

Contributions via Paypal can be sent to contributions@heavenletters.org

P.S. When I saw the farmer on another day, I asked him where he got the idea of By the Hat. “From a dream,” he said...

Subscribe to Heavenletters! http://www.heavenletters.org/maillist/index.php

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2018 5:42:31 PM
Heaven Sutra #11 The fading of Illusion

God said:

Gloria:

Dear God, I would like to go back to my friend's comment about winners and losers. Two things —

First, if someone as precious as my friend divides people that way, what do other people do?

Second, by my very belief in not making judgments like winner/loser, how do I know that on some level it wasn't "right" for my friend to make that statement? Maybe I was supposed to hear it, that in fact, it was ordained for my friend to say that in order to shake me up!

God:

Right or wrong, Gloria, it is to pass by, as a simple leaf falling or a fork you dropped, or an eyelash. No more than that. That's how much anything is.

Gloria:

What else happened is that Bran did not show up. He was supposed to come between 7 and 7:15. At quarter to eight, I tracked him down on the phone. He said I was next on his list to call and he couldn't make it for dinner. He had mean t to call me all day to tell me, but his day had gotten away from him. And he had already eaten! He said he had to eat because all he had had all day was an energy bar.

You know the lengths I went to to prepare that meal. He doesn't eat dairy, sugar, salt, or any meat or eggs. I had made homemade spaghetti sauce, imported Italian spaghetti, winter squash, green beans, okara patties, an avocado and grapefruit salad, bought an expensive olive and rosemary bread, and I had ordered a raw lime pie from Ginnie. I had made hors d'oevres. I had set the table with great care, bought a hyacinth for a centerpiece. The time and money I spent. And I put typing for You aside, please forgive me. Is this an example of my not being true to myself?

Frankly, nothing Bran said on the phone made any sense. No apology, but excuses, very lame ones.

Something changed from when he wanted to take a walk with me, come to my house just to feel my "vibrations", his feeling too shy to even ask me, and now this.

In actuality, I sensed something at his office. When he mentioned coming to my house, he said, "I still want to see you." It's the "still" I wondered about. This man who puts words together so gently, so perfectly, with such loving tone, didn't. It wasn't: "I'd love to have a meal at your house."

Over the phone, I simply said he was under a lot of pressure, and let it go.

So, Lauren came over, and in 20 minutes we ate all the courses, and I ate wheat that Bran had told me not to!

You and Lauren are my friends, God. Also Karen and Florence and Barbara, but You and Lauren put up with me the most.

Now, going back to judgment, how do I know that Bran's standing me up wasn't the perfect thing?

I'll certainly be careful about idolizing anyone ever again.

With this, and my friend's comment, I certainly have a better picture of who I am, and I think it's pretty good, God, if I do say so myself.

God:

Yes .

Gloria:

Now that I have vented all over the place, what would You like to tell me?

God:

Read A Course in Miracles.

Later…

Gloria:

Dear God, I keep thinking about the title of Your Book, and I had an impression of the words, Love Letters from God, as though they were a pictograph of the meaning, or a Japanese poem. The words Love Letters fluttered down from Heaven like leaves or raindrops or the ink of the words melting.

Also in my mind I am composing the cover letter to publishers. I thought of the literary agent's comment about HEAVEN being free-flowing, and I thought that even The Ten Commandments are listed 1 to 10, and that doesn't seem to do it for people. Something has to happen to their consciousness. When it's moved, they will live the Ten Commandments.

Beyond advice has to be an understanding, an insight, a frame for the advice to fit in. In al l the book is Your love streaming through. It is felt. It runs through the bloodstream. I have also felt that the lyricism of the words themselves settle the nervous system or enliven it.

God:

Yes. You are correct. So in your letter and selections from HEAVEN that you send, you will educate the editor. Again, do this whole process as though he were an employer and the applicant lays out his virtues in the employer's language.

Later…

Gloria to God:

Dear Heavenly Father, I live in a world of ignorance. Have I just found this out? I've known the world was upside-down for a long time, but when people like my friend and Bran are part of the craziness, I am astonished. But no longer will I be.

God:

You are losing your idyllic conception of those certain few idols of yours. You have always been comfortable looking up to people. You like that position. The youngest of five is used to it.< /p>

Look up to Me, and not other people. Look across at other people. Know your stature. Know your view of the world. Look up to yourself, for you have modeled yourself after Me. You attribute yourself after Me. You are a tribute to Me. I tell you this so you have more confidence in yourself from all points of view. Spiritual, yes. And your way in the world.

Your heart has been aching over Bran's standing you up.

Gloria:

Yes, it feels like such a slap. I can never go to Bran again for a healing session. Maybe that's what he wanted, that I wouldn't. Maybe because I didn't have the money to make full payment. Dangling me like that was some sort of control. We will never have a good talk, as I had imagined. Well, God, it's the end of illusion.

God:

Yes. That one.

Gloria:

Maybe I am growing up. Thank You for all Your help. And maybe I should thank Bran for waking me up and for my friend for sh owing me my values. I think of Corrie Ten Boom and her sisters who expressed their gratitude for whatever came their way in the concentration camp, even for the fleas.

I am grateful for You, dear God, for Lauren, Sunshine and Ginger, for Karen, for my beautiful home, for my health, for the dear friends I do have, for my mind, for my books, my life, for Christ, and again for You. I'm even going to be grateful for my overweight and my appetite! For gray hair! For wrinkles!

Now I will go meditate in great gratitude for that divine gift from our teachers.

Well, dear Father, am I excused?

God:

I was just going to say it's time for you to meditate. See you in that silent place in Our hearts.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/7/2018 3:22:24 PM
Heaven Sutra #12 Catching Love

God said:
Gloria to God:

I look at the picture of Christ, and his eyes meet my own. I started to think: What a man! Then: What a prince! Then: What a soul! And I do believe it is his soul that speaks in his eyes.

God:

And so let yours. Let not your eyes hide your soul. Let your eyes speak your soul. A soul is not to be hidden but revealed, not put in the maid's quarters, but shown to the front room and seated with honor.

The soul is there; bespeak it. Let your eyes' rays fall on all with the grace of God. Let all be touched by the rays of your eyes, issued by your Father in Heaven. Learn and loosen the rays of love that fall from your eyes like rain from Heaven on a dry day.

Let your eyes not only reflect light but originate it. Let Light be your name. Let your eyes take a moment to rest light on all they see.

Let your light be a misty fog that rolls in and seeps into and is immersed in all the rocks and their crevices and a bsorbed by the heart.

Let your light be a wave of spray from the ocean.

Let your light be a cooling ray from the Moon.

Let the light of your eyes cast beauty on all it passes over.

Let your light pat the heads and shoulders of all in the world.

Let your eyes see far and near.

Let your eyes muster souls.

Let your eyes look for Me.

Let your eyes shine Me, for what am I but Love, the Heart of the World, the Source of All Good, and your very Being.

Bless the world with your eyes is what I am saying. Let your looking be alms to the poor. Let your looking be the early rays of the sun as a sleeping world awakens. Let your sight be the mother's comforting kiss as the sun sets and all the children go to sleep.

Let your eyes look on the children as they sleep, as I look upon My children in vast love.

Let your eyes call to all they see and whisper, "God is here. God's glory is here. This is God's Kingdom, and all is well."

Gloria:

I know that You have told me that you do not test people, but so many fine good people think you do. Or perhaps my picture of testing is harsh. I see it as making something hard for someone and seeing how they come through.

I suppose testing could also be like testing metal, to see if it's ready, at the right temperature. But to test people for the fun of it? Life is hard enough as it is.

God:

Dear Gloria, again I do not test people in that perceived way. I would not. I do everything to help My children and make their lives better and easier. Life may test people, but I don't.

Remember too that what a mortal sees as hardship may in truth be a blessing, and vice versa. I know you understand this.

I do not experiment with My children to test their righteousness or devotion. I don't need to. Why would I? It is a foregone conclusion that all will return their hearts to Me.

Gloria:

Why is the story of Job in the Bible?

God:

It was an allegorical attempt to explain human suffering. I do not negotiate with Satan (the sum total of negative thoughts) and make pacts.

Gloria:

I always wondered how Job could be overjoyed after he had lost his family when God later rewarded him with more children, as if that made it okay.

I know life goes on, and it's good to be grateful, but do more children make up for the ones lost as part of a bet?!

God:

You know I do not make suffering. I do not visit plagues on people. I bestow blessings. I am truly good. That is all I know and all I want. Why in Heaven would a God create plots to trick His children?

Gloria:

Why do people believe that then?

God:

I don't know. Perhaps to make an adversary of God, wishing to appease Him, and thus be able to get on His good side. And all the time, t here is only My good side.

Gloria:

I think that some people will not like this section.

God:

They won't. Let them be shaken up and grow from it.

Gloria:

Is it a test for them, dear God!

God:

No! They test themselves. These are My words and My truth. One can make of them what he will.

I do not set traps for My children.

Later…

Gloria:

Dear Father, today I feel like a writer. Nice feedback from my nephew Sam about Your writing. I wrote a fine letter to the literary agent. I am inspired to send out to more literary agents.

I am sad to say I am behind in typing again.

God:

How ephemeral is relative life. Yesterday you were weeping, and today you feel pretty good, and tomorrow you will feel better yet.

All may come and go but I am forever. And you are too. Forever We are One, embrac ed in love, sending out shoots of love, fertilizing the soil with love, watering flowers with love, trimming hedges with love, sowing love like barley, walking love wherever We go and wherever We do not go, heaping love, making big hills of love, planting love, building houses of love, uncovering love, digging up love, turning on streetlights of love, catching love, strewing love, holding it up for all to see.

Love is Our Name. Hallowed be Love.

p>Gloria:

Dear God, I would like to go back to my friend's comment about winners and losers. Two things —

First, if someone as precious as my friend divides people that way, what do other people do?

Second, by my very belief in not making judgments like winner/loser, how do I know that on some level it wasn't "right" for my friend to make that statement? Maybe I was supposed to hear it, that in fact, it was ordained for my friend to say that in order to shake me up!

God:

Right or wrong, Gloria, it is to pass by, as a simple leaf falling or a fork you dropped, or an eyelash. No more than that. That's how much anything is.

Gloria:

What else happened is that Bran did not show up. He was supposed to come between 7 and 7:15. At quarter to eight, I tracked him down on the phone. He said I was next on his list to call and he couldn't make it for dinner. He had meant to call me all day to tell me, but his day had gotten away from him. And he had already eaten! He said he had to eat because all he had had all day was an energy bar.

You know the lengths I went to to prepare that meal. He doesn't eat dairy, sugar, salt, or any meat or eggs. I had made homemade spaghetti sauce, imported Italian spaghetti, winter squash, green beans, okara patties, an avocado and grapefruit salad, bought an expensive olive and rosemary bread, and I had ordered a raw lime pie from Ginnie. I had made hors d'oevres. I had set the table with gr eat care, bought a hyacinth for a centerpiece. The time and money I spent. And I put typing for You aside, please forgive me. Is this an example of my not being true to myself?

Frankly, nothing Bran said on the phone made any sense. No apology, but excuses, very lame ones.

Something changed from when he wanted to take a walk with me, come to my house just to feel my "vibrations", his feeling too shy to even ask me, and now this.

In actuality, I sensed something at his office. When he mentioned coming to my house, he said, "I still want to see you." It's the "still" I wondered about. This man who puts words together so gently, so perfectly, with such loving tone, didn't. It wasn't: "I'd love to have a meal at your house."

Over the phone, I simply said he was under a lot of pressure, and let it go.

So, Lauren came over, and in 20 minutes we ate all the courses, and I ate wheat that Bran had told me not to!

You and Lauren are my friends, God. Also Ka ren and Florence and Barbara, but You and Lauren put up with me the most.

Now, going back to judgment, how do I know that Bran's standing me up wasn't the perfect thing?

I'll certainly be careful about idolizing anyone ever again.

With this, and my friend's comment, I certainly have a better picture of who I am, and I think it's pretty good, God, if I do say so myself.

God:

Yes.

Gloria:

Now that I have vented all over the place, what would You like to tell me?

God:

Read A Course in Miracles.

Later…

Gloria:

Dear God, I keep thinking about the title of Your Book, and I had an impression of the words, Love Letters from God, as though they were a pictograph of the meaning, or a Japanese poem. The words Love Letters fluttered down from Heaven like leaves or raindrops or the ink of the words melting.

Also in my mind I am composing the cover letter to publishers. I thought of the literary agent's comment about HEAVEN being free-flowing, and I thought that even The Ten Commandments are listed 1 to 10, and that doesn't seem to do it for people. Something has to happen to their consciousness. When it's moved, they will live the Ten Commandments.

Beyond advice has to be an understanding, an insight, a frame for the advice to fit in. In all the book is Your love streaming through. It is felt. It runs through the bloodstream. I have also felt that the lyricism of the words themselves settle the nervous system or enliven it.

God:

Yes. You are correct. So in your letter and selections from HEAVEN that you send, you will educate the editor. Again, do this whole process as though he were an employer and the applicant lays out his virtues in the employer's language.

Later…

Gloria to God:

Dear Heavenly Father, I live in a world of ignorance. Have I just found this out? I've known the world was upside-down for a long time, but when people like my friend and Bran are part of the craziness, I am astonished. But no longer will I be.

God:

You are losing your idyllic conception of those certain few idols of yours. You have always been comfortable looking up to people. You like that position. The youngest of five is used to it.

Look up to Me, and not other people. Look across at other people. Know your stature. Know your view of the world. Look up to yourself, for you have modeled yourself after Me. You attribute yourself after Me. You are a tribute to Me. I tell you this so you have more confidence in yourself from all points of view. Spiritual, yes. And your way in the world.

Your heart has been aching over Bran's standing you up.

Gloria:

Yes, it feels like such a slap. I can never go to Bran again for a healing session. Maybe that's what he wan ted, that I wouldn't. Maybe because I didn't have the money to make full payment. Dangling me like that was some sort of control. We will never have a good talk, as I had imagined. Well, God, it's the end of illusion.

God:

Yes. That one.

Gloria:

Maybe I am growing up. Thank You for all Your help. And maybe I should thank Bran for waking me up and for my friend for showing me my values. I think of Corrie Ten Boom and her sisters who expressed their gratitude for whatever came their way in the concentration camp, even for the fleas.

I am grateful for You, dear God, for Lauren, Sunshine and Ginger, for Karen, for my beautiful home, for my health, for the dear friends I do have, for my mind, for my books, my life, for Christ, and again for You. I'm even going to be grateful for my overweight and my appetite! For gray hair! For wrinkles!

Now I will go meditate in great gratitude for that divine gift from our teachers.< /p>

Well, dear Father, am I excused?

God:

I was just going to say it's time for you to meditate. See you in that silent place in Our hearts.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/8/2018 4:28:16 PM
Heaven Sutra #13 Remember You Are God's Light

God said:

Gloria to God:

I woke up this morning thinking that we, human beings, are not here for ourselves or that we belong to ourselves. I was thinking of a woman menstruating. She may be a top model, immaculate, made up to perfection, dressed to perfection, her hair flowing gorgeous, money in her pocket, perfect shoes, perfect nylons, sweet expensive perfume, and then she gets her period. How can she really think she is something independent on her own and in control of her life?

God:

Humans are on a long leash, so to speak; it is so long and fine, it seems invisible, and the human being forgets all about it and thinks he is on his own; he forgets he is connected to his Source and to one another.

The universe is a beach ball that all share. You may have your spot on it, but it is not yours. You can be whipped across to the other side of the beach in the flash of a moment or off it altogether as a ph ysical body.

I gave My children the freedom to forget Me as well as to remember Me.

Gloria:

What is my purpose, dear God?

God:

It is to enjoy. To make joy. To make happiness. That is how to take life in little pieces. Your purpose is to love creation and all in it. And how you do this is by joy. Little bits of it. That is why it is so important to be in your joy, because your joy is your truth. Be solidly in it.

Once upon a time you got joy from being a job search therapist. You still love to give service to people, but that particular arena does not fill your heart any longer.

Although everything is close to Me, that line of work is now too far away from you. You want to speak My Name and cover a greater territory than that one field. You want to cover the territory of divine life. Actually, you want Heaven to be your domain and what you teach others.

Your nephew David loved the game of chess, and tha t fed him with Me. It was bigger than himself. One is always wanting bigger than himself.

When job counseling work became smaller than yourself, you didn't want to stay there. You are moving to a bigger pond. You want the outer to catch up to the inner. When clothes get worn or outdated, you don't want to wear them anymore. When shoes don't fit, you take them off.

Your purpose has nothing to do with obligation, right or wrong choice. It is joy. Always ask yourself, "Wherein lies my joy?"

And joy is an unfolding. You take a huge roll of cloth, and you keep turning the roll over, and the cloth unfolds.

That is joy. It is not staying in one spot. The spot is the same. It made joy for you for a while, and it will make joy for another.

But now you turn the cloth, and you find the something beyond. That something beyond makes joy leap into your heart.

For you, the something beyond is now I, and Our Book, My words. And I say, "You are Mine. You are Mine. "

Gloria:

Dear Heavenly Father, how are You this evening?

God:

Wonderful. And how are you?

Gloria:

Fine, okay. What would You like to tell me?

God:

You are more than fine. Remember you are My light, and My light is lovely.

Gloria:

Thank You. I heard Florence's tape with Karen, and it was special. I am connected to You, aren't I?

God:

Yes, indeed. You are connected to Me in truth, in spirit, and in life. You are My connection to the world. You take Me with you. You hold Me by the hand and show Me My creation. You point out the sights, and you linger in My heart. Linger longer. Linger longer in My heart with your awareness.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/9/2018 6:21:39 PM
Heaven Sutra #14 God Has a Fortune Cookie for You

God said:

Gloria:

Dear God, this morning I spoke on the phone to someone who was kind of rude, put-downish, and I stayed on the line and put up with it. I feel hopeless. All that You and Karen has helped me with, and I'm still a jerk.

God:

This is not a happy feeling to wake up to. Do the reverse. Remember Whose child you are. Remember My adoration for you. I have high regard for you, and I desire that you recognize your self-worth. Do the white wand of light with these people who slight you. Do it now.

A few moments later…

Gloria:

Done. I realize that I have often taken the white wand of light and wielded it like a sword!

Dear Father, I ask You to help me speak up in the moment, not to defend myself but to honor myself. Please help me see clearly at the moment and speak clearly at the moment.

God:

I see a wedge left in your hea rt. How can that be? A clot of blood stuck there. It is easy to remove. I suction it out. Now, mentally, take that clot and bury it deep in the sand.

Now from your eyes, we removed a protective film that you don't need. It is like you have a switch to turn on this film. This film has prevented you from seeing directly. It is like you tape the image and replay it later, having turned off the filminess on your eyes.

We remove that film now. The switch is needless so that is removed too. Now your eyesight and the mental apparatus for it are clear and timely.

Now We go to your throat. There is a lozenge in your throat. Cough it up. Now chew it. Break it into pieces, and swallow it. Melted, it will clear your throat and clear itself away from you. That lozenge was to be a clearer, not a blocker. Now your throat is clear.

Now, to your mind. We take away mist from there. It was a protective mist, a controller, a doorkeeper of what can be let in and what has to wait in a waiting room to be processed later.

Now all is processed as it occurs and taken care of immediately. None of it is stored. All goes down the assembly line. Only what is necessary is kept; all dross is removed.

God stays in your mind. God washes your mind with love. God recharges your energy. God sends you to the School of Today with lunch packed and spending money.

God sends you off today. He has put a fortune cookie in your lunchbox and a kiss on your forehead. Picture opening your fortune cookie. What does it say?

It says: "I am with you. We are with each other. Together we foster a day of love and joy. It is easy to do. Just step around stones and pits, and walk lightly through this one day of life, this treasure of life held out for you. It welcomes you like a chauffeur, offers you a ride. You get in, and off you go on the adventure of today. This adventure has a name. It is called: One Day in the Life of Gloria. Gloria's Life Today. A Parade of Life Led by Gloria.

"Gloria twirls the baton. Gloria beats the bass drum. Gloria trumpets the horns. Gloria does cartwheels. Gloria turns the corner of today."

Gloria:

God, that is a long fortune cookie!

God:

It is a simple message. Carry it near your heart. Read it often. Pay no mind to what is not important. Today Gloria leads a parade.

Later…

God:

What are your beliefs, Gloria? Do you believe that Bran or Lauren or this one or that one have any power over you? Do you believe that you are any more or less by their beliefs? Do you believe, deep in your heart, that they must be right — and therefore, you wrong? Do you believe that there are words from anyone that govern your life?

Gloria:

Yours.

God:

Yes. Then follow them. Listen to what I say of your worth. Listen to what I say of your purpose. Do not be detoured by br iars and brambles. Do not pause at the side of the road to examine the dirt of the road. Your eyes go forward. Yours steps go forward. Gloria is a writer for God. She types for God. She illuminates the world with God's Name. Does such a one mind little blisters or other little manufactured torments along the way?

Do you have time for that? What are your beliefs. What do you value? Where are you going? Look not at where you have been. Look not at a map to figure out ahead of time. Just keep walking today. These steps. This today.

Leave suitcases of past clothing. Discard them. Take no luggage. Leave it. Take no map, no atlas. Carry no provisions.

Take yourself forward, pen and notebook and God. That is your life today. That is your top of the mountain. That is your view.

You are a describer and disseminator of Heaven. You are a mailman of My letters. That is what you do. That is what you are for.

You are not for inner debate of who said what and what did they mean and how dare they?

You are for Me. So, be for Me. Be My leader of mailmen who deliver for Me.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!