Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Gandhi ... A lovely little anecdote
5/19/2016 3:33:56 AM

Gandhi ... A lovely little anecdote about one of life's more interesting characters

When Mahatma Gandhi was studying law at the University College of London, a professor by the name of Peters disliked him intensely and always displayed animosity towards him. And because Gandhi never lowered his head when addressing him, as he expected, there were always "arguments" and confrontations.

One day Mr. Peters was having lunch at the University dining room when Gandhi came along with his tray and sat next to him.The professor said, "Mr. Gandhi, you do not understand. A pig and a bird do not sit together to eat. "Gandhi looked at him as a parent would a rude child and calmly replied, "You do not worry, professor. I'll fly away," and he went and sat at another table.

Peters, red with rage, decided to take revenge on the next test paper, but Gandhi responded brilliantly to all questions. Unhappy and frustrated, Mr. Peters asked him the following question: "Mr. Gandhi, if you were walking down the street and found

a package, and within was a bag of wisdom and another bag with a lot of money, which one would you take?"

Without hesitating, Gandhi responded, "The one with the money, of course." Mr. Peters, smiling sarcastically, said, "I, in your place,
would have taken the wisdom." Gandhi shrugged indifferently and responded, "Each one takes what he doesn't have."

Mr. Peters, by this time, was fit to be tied. So great was his anger that he wrote on Gandhi's exam sheet the word "idiot" and handed it back to him. Gandhi took the exam sheet and sat down at his desk, trying hard to remain calm while he contemplated his next move. A few minutes later, Gandhi got up, went to the professor and said to him in a dignified but sarcastically polite tone, "Mr. Peters, you

autographed the sheet, but you did not give me a grade.

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Gandhi ... A lovely little anecdote
5/20/2016 12:01:24 AM
I love his answer.

I watched survivor this passed few months and there was a gentleman on it whose name was Tai. I didn't care for him at first, but ended up loving him. He had a heart of gold, cared about everyone, was so afraid he was going to hurt someone, was so worried about being truthful. And most of all, they gave them chickens for eggs and food, but Tai wouldn't let them harm the chicken. He was Tai's pet, who went with him everywhere. At the last council meeting, Jeff said Tai, I think you better say good bye to Mark ( name he gave the chicken) because I don't think the airplane will allow you to take that chicken on board.

I learned a lot about Tai, and how quick I am to judge someone, and look what he was giving to the world. LOVE

There was a lady who gave Tai 50.000 for being kind to the animal and 50,000 to his favorite animal shelter. I thought that was so wonderful and I set here and cried my eyes out.

Thanks for reading.
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!