Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Little Known Fact That I Bet You Didn't Know
4/24/2016 4:31:13 PM
Hello Friends,

Here's one that I thought several of you might enjoy!

I'll Bet You Didn't Know This

2500 years ago a slave call girl from Sardinia named Gedophamee (pronounced Get-offa'me), was attending a great athletic festival in Greece. This festival had no name. In those days, the athletes performed naked (believe it or not).

To prevent unwanted arousal while competing, the men imbibed freely on drink containing saltpeter before and throughout the variety of events.

At the opening ceremonial parade, Gedophamee observed the first wave of naked athletic males marching toward her and she exclaimed: "Oh! Limp pricks!"

Over the next two and a half millennia, that expression morphed into "Olympics".

Just thought I'd share this new found knowledge with you.

You're very welcome

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Little Known Fact That I Bet You Didn't Know
4/24/2016 6:45:10 PM
HI Phil,
I think it is amazing that they can make up a story to fit any word. What do you think?

Myrna
Greek Olympic Ruins
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Little Known Fact That I Bet You Didn't Know
4/24/2016 8:15:52 PM
Hi Myna,

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the Beautiful picture. Yes, it's amazing the creativity of some people.

Have A Great Week,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!