Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
What about an EXERCISE....?!
2/7/2006 11:37:21 AM
Hello My Dear AdlandPro Friends. I was reading a lot about how to do some research about the sites we concider to join. Though, these days the only "STORM" was TZUNAMING us down, I made an exercise about finding out more about, let's say, http://directinvestpro.com This is what I found at my "Whois" search: **************************************************** DIRECTINVESTPRO.COM Website Title: Directinvestpro Response Code: 200 SSL Cert: No valid SSL on this Host, Get Secure Alexa Trend/Rank: The lower the rank the better. 120,139 (1 Month) 269,946 (3 Month) Website Status: Active Reverse IP: Web server hosts 10 websites (reverse ip tool requires free login) Server Type: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a (Spry.com also uses Apache) IP Address: 69.93.51.194 (ARIN & RIPE IP search) IP Location: - Texas - Dallas - Theplanet.com Internet Services Inc Blacklist Status: Clear Whois History: 19 records stored Oldest: 2006-01-14 Newest: 2006-02-07 Record Type: Domain Name Monitor: Monitor or Backorder Wildcard search: 'directinvestpro' or 'direct invest pro' in all domains. Other TLDs: .com.net.org.info.biz.us X [5 available domains] Name Server: NS2.YOURSHOSTING.COM NS1.YOURSHOSTING.COM ICANN Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC. Created: 10-jan-2006 Expires: 10-jan-2007 Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK Registrant: Domains by Proxy, Inc. DomainsByProxy.com 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States Registered through: GoDaddy.com Domain Name: DIRECTINVESTPRO.COM Created on: 10-Jan-06 Expires on: 10-Jan-07 Last Updated on: 10-Jan-06 Administrative Contact: Private, Registration Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source Domains by Proxy, Inc. DomainsByProxy.com 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States (480) 624-2599 Technical Contact: Private, Registration Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source Domains by Proxy, Inc. DomainsByProxy.com 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States (480) 624-2599 Domain servers in listed order: NS1.YOURSHOSTING.COM NS2.YOURSHOSTING.COM ******************************************************* There are infos that I understand; though I can't figgure out how should I know whether its a SCAM or not?! (I'm not saying that it is! But, what if...) It is meant to be an exercise! THANK YOU ALL MY COGNOSCENTI FRIENDS, WILLING TO GIVE US IGNORANTS ANOTHER HAND OF HELP!
+0
Re: What about an EXERCISE....?!
2/7/2006 12:53:11 PM
Ana Maria, You can't tell much about the legitimacy of an offer by looking at the web site's Whois record. But in reviewing the content, I see that they are offering what is known as a "High Yield Investment Program." These programs are very risky, and not really an investment in the true sense of the word. The program will succeed only as long as people continue to deposit money. After that stops, the web site operator will run out of funds and be unable to pay its members. Can you make money on this type of program? Yes, but don't deposit anything you can't afford to lose. Hope that helps : ) Deryl Johnson (509) 967-9193 support@dynamicomputing.com P.S. Did you know you could pay as little as $9.95 a month for Internet service? Visit our web site. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- DynamiComputing -- Where you can always Count on Computer Solutions http://dynamicomputing.com
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What about an EXERCISE....?!
2/7/2006 2:54:47 PM
Thank you Daryl for your kindness and your willing to help. Yes, I know that is a HYIP, and I do not usualy invest in this kind of programs. They are realy very risky, you're perfectly right. I took it as an example because it was one of the few keft on the net, and I wanted to know hoe to see, or better say what to look for in that list of datas from "The Whois" I'm sure there are more people around who has no idea to read these reports. I'm not talking about "reading the text", but where to see whether its a SCAM or not. Now the fact that most HYIPs are SCAMS is not the issue.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!