Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Blind Artist Creates Amazing GIFs to Show World Through His Eyes
9/26/2015 11:29:45 PM

Thank you so much for showing up and posting, Myrna.

Yes, George RedHawk's art is amazing. I would certainly like to see more works like these by him, but that I know, he has not been too active in this most special style of his - not of late at least.

Thanks again,

Miguel

Quote:
Miguel,

This is so amazing what this man can do. I know another blind person who has a dog called Inezz and she is helping vets. Inezz goes with her too, and does her part. It is just beautiful to hear her stories. Mostly she is with the vets when through there passing on.

She is such a joy to be with, even if it only on the phone.

Myrna

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2015 12:58:01 AM

For some reason, this artwork was not viewable as a GIF image when this thread got started and so, I had to post it a jpg only - i. e. without any animation. Now the special effects can be fully appreciated.

Windows to the Soul
George RedHawk worked in the medical field before his onset of vision impairment led him to explore his artistic abilities. (GIF: George RedHawk/DarkAngelOne)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2015 1:52:03 AM

Original painting by Tomasz Alen Kopera. Color editing & GIF animation by George RedHawk.

"...That’s not to say that Redhawk hasn’t enjoyed the attention, because he has. It was just never something he was looking for back when he started losing his sight, filing away all of the beauty, and playing with GIFs as a way of communicating the surreal effects of vision loss. Since the vision loss is progressive, one day Redhawk will be completely blind. In the meantime, he is making some lasting GIFs and being, whether he likes it or not, an inspiring visual artist.

Visit DarkAngelØne to see more of George Redhawk’s work.

(Read more at: http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/a-blind-gif-artist-visualizes-his-lost-sight)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!