Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Thanks For Caring
7/11/2015 9:53:29 PM
Hello Annie,

Just wanted to stop by to share a little story with you all.

In September of 2013, I entered a Nursing Home due to Physical, as well as Emotional difficulties. To make a long story short, through a series of physical setbacks, as well as some bureaucratic red tape, my stay was delayed far longer than anticipated and I finally was able to return home in February of this year. Throughout this period of time, although I had excellent care from the Physical Therapists and the Nurses on duty and the occasional "Doctors" that would drop by in order to satisfy Government regulations, the bulk of the quality care which I received came from the CNA's, who provided most of my day to day care. The loving concern that each of them showed, not only to me, but to all of the Patients whom I witnessed them caring for, showed both their professionalism and the true depth of feeling for their fellow men and women that each of them possessed.

Since returning home, I have arranged for my day to day care, once again from CNA's, who work for a private Agency. Without their assistance and care, I would still be housed in a Nursing Home, or at best in an Assisted Living facility, which is only slighter better than the Nursing Homes. Once again, I am thankful.

Annie, I just wanted to say thanks to you, and to all of those who donate their lives to caring for those less fortunate than themselves, whether it be from emotional or physical disabilities. I truly believe that you all deserve, and most likely will receive a Special Place in Heaven.

Here's a little Poem which kind of sums up how I feel...

To All Of My Caregivers

When I was sad.....You dried my tears.
When I was scared.....You comforted my fears.

When I was worried.....You gave me hope.
When I was confused.....You helped me to cope.

And when I was lost.....And couldn't see the light,
You were always my Beacon.....Shining ever so bright.

Thank You So Much For Caring.

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!